Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TH-100] to Tyrosine Hydroxylase
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat, Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody [TH-100]
See all Tyrosine Hydroxylase primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TH-100] to Tyrosine Hydroxylase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Rabbit, Human
Rat Tyrosine Hydroxylase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.001% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.2% Sodium acetate, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified by goat anti-mouse IgG affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129991 in the following tested applications.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPlays an important role in the physiology of adrenergic neurons.
Tissue specificityMainly expressed in the brain and adrenal glands.
PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 1/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TH are the cause of dystonia DOPA-responsive autosomal recessive (ARDRD) [MIM:605407]; also known as autosomal recessive Segawa syndrome. ARDRD is a form of DOPA-responsive dystonia presenting in infancy or early childhood. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contractions, often leading to abnormal postures. Some cases of ARDRD present with parkinsonian symptoms in infancy. Unlike all other forms of dystonia, it is an eminently treatable condition, due to a favorable response to L-DOPA.
Note=May play a role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson disease (PD). A genome-wide copy number variation analysis has identified a 34 kilobase deletion over the TH gene in a PD patient but not in any controls.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the biopterin-dependent aromatic amino acid hydroxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Dystonia 14 antibody
- DYT14 antibody
- DYT5b antibody
Overlay histogram showing SH-SH5Y cells stained with ab129991 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab129991, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab129991 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Karkhanis AN et al. Chronic Social Isolation Stress during Peri-Adolescence Alters Presynaptic Dopamine Terminal Dynamics via Augmentation in Accumbal Dopamine Availability. ACS Chem Neurosci 10:2033-2044 (2019). PubMed: 30284806
- Yokoi R et al. Impact of Sleep-Wake-Associated Neuromodulators and Repetitive Low-Frequency Stimulation on Human iPSC-Derived Neurons. Front Neurosci 13:554 (2019). PubMed: 31191238
- Fjordbakk CT et al. Feasibility of kilohertz frequency alternating current neuromodulation of carotid sinus nerve activity in the pig. Sci Rep 9:18136 (2019). PubMed: 31792232
- Zhang JP et al. Reduced c-Fos expression in orexin neurons of the lateral hypothalamic area and the locus coeruleus following injection of spinosin into mice. Folia Morphol (Warsz) N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31724150
- Wu DM et al. Suppression of microRNA-342-3p increases glutamate transporters and prevents dopaminergic neuron loss through activating the Wnt signaling pathway via p21-activated kinase 1 in mice with Parkinson's disease. J Cell Physiol 234:9033-9044 (2019). PubMed: 30362546
- Dong Y et al. Suppressed microRNA-96 inhibits iNOS expression and dopaminergic neuron apoptosis through inactivating the MAPK signaling pathway by targeting CACNG5 in mice with Parkinson's disease. Mol Med 24:61 (2018). PubMed: 30486773
- Zheng C et al. TRH Analog, Taltirelin Improves Motor Function of Hemi-PD Rats Without Inducing Dyskinesia via Sustained Dopamine Stimulating Effect. Front Cell Neurosci 12:417 (2018). PubMed: 30555300
- Xiao L et al. Biased Oxytocinergic Modulation of Midbrain Dopamine Systems. Neuron 95:368-384.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28669546