Key features and details
- Potent thromboxane A2 agonist
- CAS Number: 56985-40-1
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in ethanol and in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameU-46619, Thromboxane A2 agonist
DescriptionPotent thromboxane A2 agonist
Biological descriptionPotent thromboxane A2 agonist (EC50 = 35 nM). Activates p38, ERK-1 and ERK-2. Induces platelet aggregation and shows vasoconstrictive effects in vivo.
Chemical name(Z)-7-[(1S,2S,3R,4R)-3-[(E,3S)-3-Hydroxyoct-1-enyl]-5-oxabicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-yl]hept-5-enoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol and in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144540 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Cupitra NI et al. Influence of Ageing on Vascular Reactivity and Receptor Expression in Rabbit Aorta: A Complement to Elastocalcinosis and Smooth Muscle Mechanisms. Clin Interv Aging 15:537-545 (2020). PubMed: 32368020
- Ng HH et al. Serelaxin treatment reverses vascular dysfunction and left ventricular hypertrophy in a mouse model of Type 1 diabetes. Sci Rep 7:39604 (2017). PubMed: 28067255