Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [MILR42872] to UBA3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-UBA3 antibody [MILR42872]
See all UBA3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [MILR42872] to UBA3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human UBA3. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Lysates of: fetal lung, 293T, HeLa, RAW 264.7, HepG2, K562
This product was previously labelled as UBE1C
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124728 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
FunctionCatalytic subunit of the dimeric UBA3-NAE1 E1 enzyme. E1 activates NEDD8 by first adenylating its C-terminal glycine residue with ATP, thereafter linking this residue to the side chain of the catalytic cysteine, yielding a NEDD8-UBA3 thioester and free AMP. E1 finally transfers NEDD8 to the catalytic cysteine of UBE2M. Down-regulates steroid receptor activity. Necessary for cell cycle progression.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
PathwayProtein modification; protein neddylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin-activating E1 family. UBA3 subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp566J164 antibody
- EC 6.3.2. antibody
- hUba3 antibody
ab124728 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Yu Q et al. Gossypol inhibits cullin neddylation by targeting SAG-CUL5 and RBX1-CUL1 complexes. Neoplasia 22:179-191 (2020). PubMed: 32145688
- Zhou Q et al. Inhibiting neddylation modification alters mitochondrial morphology and reprograms energy metabolism in cancer cells. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30668548
- Zeng Y et al. An overactive neddylation pathway serves as a therapeutic target and MLN4924 enhances the anticancer activity of cisplatin in pancreatic cancer. Oncol Lett 18:2724-2732 (2019). PubMed: 31404297
- Coleman KE et al. SENP8 limits aberrant neddylation of NEDD8 pathway components to promote cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase function. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28475037
- Xu J et al. The neddylation-cullin 2-RBX1 E3 ligase axis targets tumor suppressor RhoB for degradation in liver cancer. Mol Cell Proteomics 14:499-509 (2015). PubMed: 25540389