Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4546] to UBA52
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-UBA52 antibody [EPR4546]
See all UBA52 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4546] to UBA52
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human UBA52 aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Fetal kidney, Human placenta, 293T and JAR cell lysates. Human brain tissue. SH-SY-5Y cells. Flow Cyt: HepG2 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109227 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Perform antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
RelevanceUbiquitin is a highly conserved nuclear and cytoplasmic protein that has a major role in targeting cellular proteins for degradation by the 26S proteosome. It is also involved in the maintenance of chromatin structure, the regulation of gene expression, and the stress response. Ubiquitin is synthesized as a precursor protein consisting of either polyubiquitin chains or a single ubiquitin moiety fused to an unrelated protein. UBA52 is a fusion protein consisting of ubiquitin at the N terminus and ribosomal protein L40 at the C terminus, a C-terminal extension protein (CEP). Multiple processed pseudogenes derived from this gene are present in the genome.
Cellular localizationUbiquitin: Cytoplasm. Nucleus. 60S ribosomal protein L40: Cytoplasm
- 60S ribosomal protein L40 antibody
- CEP52 antibody
- HUBCEP52 antibody
All lanes : Anti-UBA52 antibody [EPR4546] (ab109227) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : fetal kidney lysates
Lane 2 : Human placenta lysates
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysates
Lane 4 : JAR cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 10 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue using 1/500 ab109227.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Flow cytometry analysis of HepG2 (Human hepatocellular carcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling UBA52 (red) with purified ab109227 at a 1/2500 dilution (1ug/mL). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Immunofluorescent staining of SH-SY-5Y cells using ab109227 at 1/250
ab109227 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang F et al. Degradation of CCNB1 mediated by APC11 through UBA52 ubiquitination promotes cell cycle progression and proliferation of non-small cell lung cancer cells. Am J Transl Res 11:7166-7185 (2019). PubMed: 31814919
- Mao J et al. Ubiquitin A-52 residue ribosomal protein fusion product 1 (Uba52) is essential for preimplantation embryo development. Biol Open 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30135083
- Li X et al. Role of microRNA-4516 involved autophagy associated with exposure to fine particulate matter. Oncotarget 7:45385-45397 (2016). PubMed: 27329587
- Kobayashi M et al. The ubiquitin hybrid gene UBA52 regulates ubiquitination of ribosome and sustains embryonic development. Sci Rep 6:36780 (2016). PubMed: 27829658
- Francis C et al. Divergence of RNA localization between rat and mouse neurons reveals the potential for rapid brain evolution. BMC Genomics 15:883 (2014). ICC ; Mouse, Rat . PubMed: 25301173