Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to UBE2C
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-UBE2C antibody
See all UBE2C primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UBE2C
SpecificityThis antibody recognises a band of the correct size (20 kDa) in Hela, A431, Jurkat, Jurkat nuclear and 293 lysates.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human UBE2C aa 150 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; A431; HEK293. It also gave a positive signal in Jurkat nuclear extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12290 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.|
FunctionAccepts ubiquitin from the E1 complex and catalyzes its covalent attachment to other proteins. In vitro catalyzes 'Lys-11'- and 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Acts as an essential factor of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), a cell cycle-regulated ubiquitin ligase that controls progression through mitosis. Acts by initiating 'Lys-11'-linked polyubiquitin chains on APC/C substrates, leading to the degradation of APC/C substrates by the proteasome and promoting mitotic exit.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family.
modificationsAutoubiquitinated by the APC/C complex, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Its degradation plays a central role in APC/C regulation, allowing cyclin-A accumulation before S phase entry. APC/C substrates inhibit the autoubiquitination of UBE2C/UBCH10 but not its E2 function, hence APC/C remaining active until its substrates have been destroyed.
- Information by UniProt
- Cyclin selective ubiquitin carrier protein antibody
- dJ447F3.2 antibody
- Mitotic specific ubiquitin conjugating enzyme antibody
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab12290 stainning UBEC2 in the nucleus of surface epithelial cells of human esophagus. Paraffin-embbeded tissue was incubated with ab12290 (1/75 dilution) for 30 minutes at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6. ab12290 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines. Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
All lanes : Anti-UBE2C antibody (ab12290) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lane 4 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : HEK293 Human embryonic kidney cell line Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 20 kDa
Additional bands at: 55 kDa, 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab12290 stained human HEK 293 cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab12290, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in HepG2 and MCF7 cells.
ab12290 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Jin D et al. UBE2C, Directly Targeted by miR-548e-5p, Increases the Cellular Growth and Invasive Abilities of Cancer Cells Interacting with the EMT Marker Protein Zinc Finger E-box Binding Homeobox 1/2 in NSCLC. Theranostics 9:2036-2055 (2019). PubMed: 31037155
- Guo J et al. The miR 495-UBE2C-ABCG2/ERCC1 axis reverses cisplatin resistance by downregulating drug resistance genes in cisplatin-resistant non-small cell lung cancer cells. EBioMedicine 35:204-221 (2018). PubMed: 30146342
- Wang W et al. A novel molecular and clinical staging model to predict survival for patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 7:63526-63536 (2016). PubMed: 27556859
- García-Escudero R et al. Gene expression profiling of mouse p53-deficient epidermal carcinoma defines molecular determinants of human cancer malignancy. Mol Cancer 9:193 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20630075
- Lin J et al. Expression and effect of inhibition of the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2C on esophageal adenocarcinoma. Neoplasia 8:1062-71 (2006). PubMed: 17217624