Product nameAnti-Ube2N / Ubc13 antibody
See all Ube2N / Ubc13 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ube2N / Ubc13
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to 15 amino acids near the C terminus of Human Ube2N.
- Human small intestine or HepG2 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis antibody was purified by Ion exchange chromatography.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Ubiquitin & Ubiquitin Like Modifiers
- E2 Ubiquitin Conjugating Enzymes
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25885 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionThe UBE2V1-UBE2N and UBE2V2-UBE2N heterodimers catalyze the synthesis of non-canonical 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitin chains. This type of polyubiquitination does not lead to protein degradation by the proteasome. Mediates transcriptional activation of target genes. Plays a role in the control of progress through the cell cycle and differentiation. Plays a role in the error-free DNA repair pathway and contributes to the survival of cells after DNA damage. Acts together with the E3 ligases, HLTF and SHPRH, in the 'Lys-63'-linked poly-ubiquitination of PCNA upon genotoxic stress, which is required for DNA repair. Appears to act together with E3 ligase RNF5 in the 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination of JKAMP thereby regulating JKAMP function by decreasing its association with components of the proteasome and ERAD.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family.
modificationsConjugation to ISG15 impairs formation of the thioester bond with ubiquitin but not interaction with UBE2V2.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Bendless like ubiquitin conjugating enzyme antibody
- Bendless-like ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme antibody
- BLU antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ube2N / Ubc13 antibody (ab25885) (analysis
small intestine cell lysates 15ug/lane
Lane 1 : 0.5 ug/ml of antibody.
Lane 2 : 1 ug/ml of antibody.
Lane 3 : 2 ug/ml of antibody.
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
ab25885 at 2µg/ml staining UBe2N in mouse thymus tissue by IHC
ICC/IF image of ab25885 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab25885, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h.Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab25885 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang X et al. The inhibition of UBC13 expression and blockage of the DNMT1-CHFR-Aurora A pathway contribute to paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer. Cell Death Dis 9:93 (2018). PubMed: 29367628
- Maculins T et al. A Generic Platform for Cellular Screening Against Ubiquitin Ligases. Sci Rep 6:18940 (2016). PubMed: 26743172
- Nakada S et al. RNF8 regulates assembly of RAD51 at DNA double-strand breaks in the absence of BRCA1 and 53BP1. Cancer Res 72:4974-83 (2012). PubMed: 22865450
- Kocevar N et al. Proteomic analysis of gastric cancer and immunoblot validation of potential biomarkers. World J Gastroenterol 18:1216-28 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22468085