Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5162] to Ube2N / Ubc13
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Ube2N / Ubc13 antibody [EPR5162]
See all Ube2N / Ubc13 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5162] to Ube2N / Ubc13
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Ube2N/ Ubc13 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human testis tissue. Jurkat, Daudi and Human heart lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Ubiquitin & Ubiquitin Like Modifiers
- E2 Ubiquitin Conjugating Enzymes
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109286 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThe UBE2V1-UBE2N and UBE2V2-UBE2N heterodimers catalyze the synthesis of non-canonical 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitin chains. This type of polyubiquitination does not lead to protein degradation by the proteasome. Mediates transcriptional activation of target genes. Plays a role in the control of progress through the cell cycle and differentiation. Plays a role in the error-free DNA repair pathway and contributes to the survival of cells after DNA damage. Acts together with the E3 ligases, HLTF and SHPRH, in the 'Lys-63'-linked poly-ubiquitination of PCNA upon genotoxic stress, which is required for DNA repair. Appears to act together with E3 ligase RNF5 in the 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination of JKAMP thereby regulating JKAMP function by decreasing its association with components of the proteasome and ERAD.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family.
modificationsConjugation to ISG15 impairs formation of the thioester bond with ubiquitin but not interaction with UBE2V2.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Bendless like ubiquitin conjugating enzyme antibody
- Bendless-like ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme antibody
- BLU antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ube2N / Ubc13 antibody [EPR5162] (ab109286) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : Daudi cell lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human testis tissue using ab109286 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109286 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Morale MG et al. HPV-transformed cells exhibit altered HMGB1-TLR4/MyD88-SARM1 signaling axis. Sci Rep 8:3476 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29472602
- Hu L et al. Oligomerization-primed coiled-coil domain interaction with Ubc13 confers processivity to TRAF6 ubiquitin ligase activity. Nat Commun 8:814 (2017). PubMed: 28993672
- Yang Z et al. A Human Proteome Array Approach to Identifying Key Host Proteins Targeted by Toxoplasma Kinase ROP18. Mol Cell Proteomics 16:469-484 (2017). PubMed: 28087594
- Wang C et al. HTLV-1 Tax Functions as a Ubiquitin E3 Ligase for Direct IKK Activation via Synthesis of Mixed-Linkage Polyubiquitin Chains. PLoS Pathog 12:e1005584 (2016). PubMed: 27082114