Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [16D10AD9AH5] to Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I antibody [16D10AD9AH5]
See all Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [16D10AD9AH5] to Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified). This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Human, Cow, Rat or Mouse heart mitochondrial lysate, HepG2 mitochondrial lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: HCT116
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110252 is produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I antibody [16D10AD9AH5] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab197699)
- Anti-Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I antibody [16D10AD9AH5] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab197967)
- Anti-Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I antibody [16D10AD9AH5] (HRP) (ab197968)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110252 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
FunctionThis is a component of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex (complex III or cytochrome b-c1 complex), which is part of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. This protein may mediate formation of the complex between cytochromes c and c1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M16 family. UQCRC1/QCR1 subfamily.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Complex III subunit 1 antibody
- Core protein I antibody
- Cytochrome b c1 complex subunit 1, mitochondrial antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Core Protein I antibody [16D10AD9AH5] (ab110252) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart mitochondrial lysate
Lane 2 : Cow heart mitochondrial lysate
Lane 3 : Rat heart mitochondrial lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse heart mitochondrial lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 mitochondrial lysate
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Extra bands in the Mouse sample (lane 4) are due to the reaction of the IgG-specific goat anti-mouse secondary antibody with residual mouse blood in the heart tissue, as it is very difficult to entirely remove the blood from these small organs.
ab110252 stained HCT116 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed for 5 minutes at room temperature and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1hour at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab110252 at 1/50 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (pseudo-colored green) was ab150117 used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1hour at room temperature. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (pseudo-colored red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (pseudo-colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM for 1hour at room temperature.
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab110252 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab110252, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab110252 has been referenced in 73 publications.
- Protasoni M et al. Respiratory supercomplexes act as a platform for complex III-mediated maturation of human mitochondrial complexes I and IV. EMBO J 39:e102817 (2020). PubMed: 31912925
- Hara T et al. Use of in-gel peroxidase assay for cytochrome c to visualize mitochondrial complexes III and IV. Biol Open 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31852667
- McKie GL et al. Housing temperature affects the acute and chronic metabolic adaptations to exercise in mice. J Physiol 597:4581-4600 (2019). PubMed: 31297830
- Rodinova M et al. Deterioration of mitochondrial bioenergetics and ultrastructure impairment in skeletal muscle of a transgenic minipig model in the early stages of Huntington's disease. Dis Model Mech 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31278192
- Hidalgo-Gutiérrez A et al. ß-RA reduces DMQ/CoQ ratio and rescues the encephalopathic phenotype in Coq9R239X mice. EMBO Mol Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30482867