Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to UCP2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Aqueous buffered solution
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203244 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.
(or 1/50 - 1/200 if using a fluorescent secondary antibody)
FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation from ATP synthesis. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult human tissues, including tissues rich in macrophages. Most expressed in white adipose tissue and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BMIQ4 antibody
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 antibody
- SLC25A8 antibody
ab203244 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Bi J et al. Irisin reverses intestinal epithelial barrier dysfunction during intestinal injury via binding to the integrin aVß5 receptor. J Cell Mol Med 24:996-1009 (2020). PubMed: 31701659
- Bartolome F et al. Endothelial-specific deficiency of megalin in the brain protects mice against high-fat diet challenge. J Neuroinflammation 17:22 (2020). PubMed: 31937343
- Bi J et al. Irisin alleviates liver ischemia-reperfusion injury by inhibiting excessive mitochondrial fission, promoting mitochondrial biogenesis and decreasing oxidative stress. Redox Biol 20:296-306 (2019). PubMed: 30388684
- Li C et al. (Pro)renin receptor contributes to renal mitochondria dysfunction, apoptosis and fibrosis in diabetic mice. Sci Rep 9:11667 (2019). PubMed: 31406124
- Aguilar E et al. UCP2 Deficiency Increases Colon Tumorigenesis by Promoting Lipid Synthesis and Depleting NADPH for Antioxidant Defenses. Cell Rep 28:2306-2316.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31461648
- Wang Y et al. GCN2 deficiency ameliorates doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity by decreasing cardiomyocyte apoptosis and myocardial oxidative stress. Redox Biol 17:25-34 (2018). PubMed: 29660505
- Sakr HF et al. Possible mechanisms underlying fatty liver in a rat model of male hypogonadism: A protective role for testosterone. Steroids 135:21-30 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29674209
- Wang YN et al. Low-Dose 4-Hydroxy-2-Nonenal (HNE) Reperfusion Therapy Displays Cardioprotective Effects in Mice After Myocardial Infarction That Are Abrogated by Genipin. Med Sci Monit 24:3702-3709 (2018). PubMed: 29858912
- Gao J et al. Trilobatin Protects Against Oxidative Injury in Neuronal PC12 Cells Through Regulating Mitochondrial ROS Homeostasis Mediated by AMPK/Nrf2/Sirt3 Signaling Pathway. Front Mol Neurosci 11:267 (2018). PubMed: 30104959
- Zhang Y et al. Uncoupling Protein 2 Inhibits Myointimal Hyperplasia in Preclinical Animal Models of Vascular Injury. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29025747