Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to UCP2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-UCP2 antibody
See all UCP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UCP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cat, Dog, Pig, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human UCP2 aa 250 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Adipose and Spleen Tissue Lysates and FFPE human lymph node tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97931 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation from ATP synthesis. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult human tissues, including tissues rich in macrophages. Most expressed in white adipose tissue and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BMIQ4 antibody
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 antibody
- SLC25A8 antibody
All lanes : Anti-UCP2 antibody (ab97931) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human adipose normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab28980)
Lane 2 : Human spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29699)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
IHC image of ab97931 staining in human lymph node formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab97931, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab97931 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Wei W et al. Rosuvastatin Alleviates Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Cardiomyocytes by Downregulating Hsa-miR-24-3p to Target Upregulated Uncoupling Protein 2. Cell Reprogram 21:99-107 (2019). PubMed: 30835496
- Zhong X et al. UCP2 alleviates tubular epithelial cell apoptosis in lipopolysaccharide-induced acute kidney injury by decreasing ROS production. Biomed Pharmacother 115:108914 (2019). PubMed: 31071510
- Liu D et al. PGC1a activation by pterostilbene ameliorates acute doxorubicin cardiotoxicity by reducing oxidative stress via enhancing AMPK and SIRT1 cascades. Aging (Albany NY) 11:10061-10073 (2019). PubMed: 31733141
- Wu H et al. UCP2 protect the heart from myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury via induction of mitochondrial autophagy. J Cell Biochem 120:15455-15466 (2019). PubMed: 31081966
- Karadayian AG et al. Alcohol hangover effects on brain cortex non-synaptic mitochondria and synaptosomes bioenergetics. Alcohol 77:113-123 (2019). PubMed: 30385200