Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to UCP3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-UCP3 antibody
See all UCP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UCP3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human UCP3 aa 254-267 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Database link: P55916
General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is also not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilution samples should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody is affinity-purified using the immunogen peptide immobilized on agarose.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10985 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa. Predicted molecular weight migrates at ~50 kDa in positive control lysate. (Protein is glycosylated)|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat. May play a role in the modulation of tissue respiratory control. Participates in thermogenesis and energy balance.
Tissue specificityOnly in skeletal muscle and heart. Is more expressed in glycolytic than in oxidative skeletal muscles.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCP3 may be involved in obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
FormUCP3 is preferentially expressed in muscle
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 antibody
- SLC25A9 antibody
- Solute carrier family 25 member 9 antibody
ab10985 (2µg/ml) staining UCP3 in human skeletal muscle using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic staining of myocytes.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab10985 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Park HJ et al. The essential role of fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase 2 enzyme in thermal homeostasis upon cold stress. Exp Mol Med 52:485-496 (2020). PubMed: 32203098
- Leger T et al. Dietary EPA Increases Rat Mortality in Diabetes Mellitus, A Phenomenon Which Is Compensated by Green Tea Extract. Antioxidants (Basel) 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31690052
- Wang Q et al. Identification of RyR2-PBmice and the effects of transposon insertional mutagenesis of the RyR2 gene on cardiac function in mice. PeerJ 7:e6942 (2019). PubMed: 31143551
- Wu P et al. MicroRNA-29a is involved lipid metabolism dysfunction and insulin resistance in C2C12 myotubes by targeting PPARd. Mol Med Rep 17:8493-8501 (2018). PubMed: 29693165
- Wang YN et al. Low-Dose 4-Hydroxy-2-Nonenal (HNE) Reperfusion Therapy Displays Cardioprotective Effects in Mice After Myocardial Infarction That Are Abrogated by Genipin. Med Sci Monit 24:3702-3709 (2018). PubMed: 29858912