Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12847] to UFD1L - N-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-UFD1L antibody [EPR12847] - N-terminal
See all UFD1L primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR12847] to UFD1L - N-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human UFD1L aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q92890
- Raji and HeLa cell lysates; A431 and 293 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181080 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35, 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionEssential component of the ubiquitin-dependent proteolytic pathway which degrades ubiquitin fusion proteins. The ternary complex containing UFD1L, VCP and NPLOC4 binds ubiquitinated proteins and is necessary for the export of misfolded proteins from the ER to the cytoplasm, where they are degraded by the proteasome. The NPLOC4-UFD1L-VCP complex regulates spindle disassembly at the end of mitosis and is necessary for the formation of a closed nuclear envelope. It may be involved in the development of some ectoderm-derived structures.
Tissue specificityFound in adult heart, skeletal muscle and pancreas, and in fetal liver and kidney.
PathwayProtein degradation; proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent pathway.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the UFD1 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- Information by UniProt
- UB fusion protein 1 antibody
- Ubiquitin fusion degradation 1 like (yeast) antibody
- Ubiquitin fusion degradation 1 like antibody
All lanes : Anti-UFD1L antibody [EPR12847] - N-terminal (ab181080) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 1/1000 dilution per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde fixed A431 cells labeling UFD1L with ab181080 at 1/100 dilution. Secondary antibody Goat anti rabbit IgG (Dylight 488) at 1/200 dilution. Conterstained with Dapi (blue).
Flow cytometric analysis of 293 cells (2% paraformaldehyde-fixed) labeling UFD1L with ab181080 at 1/30 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green), followed by secondary Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) at 1/150 dilution. Isotype control: Rabbit IgG
ab181080 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Wang T et al. Enterovirus 71 protease 2Apro and 3Cpro differentially inhibit the cellular endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD) pathway via distinct mechanisms, and enterovirus 71 hijacks ERAD component p97 to promote its replication. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006674 (2017). PubMed: 28985237