Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5105] to UGGT/UGT1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-UGGT/UGT1 antibody [EPR5105]
See all UGGT/UGT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5105] to UGGT/UGT1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human UGGT/UGT1 aa 1500-1600.
Database link: Q9NYU2
- Human skeletal muscle, BXPC-3, SH-SY5Y, and MCF7 lysates, Human brain tissue
This product was previously labelled as UGGT
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124879 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionRecognizes glycoproteins with minor folding defects. Reglucosylates single N-glycans near the misfolded part of the protein, thus providing quality control for protein folding in the endoplasmic reticulum. Reglucosylated proteins are recognized by calreticulin for recycling to the endoplasmic reticulum and refolding or degradation.
Tissue specificityHigher levels in pancreas, skeletal muscle, kidney, and brain. Low levels in lung and heart.
PathwayProtein modification; protein glycosylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 8 family.
DomainThe N-terminal non-catalytic domain is assumed to mediate recognition of proteins with partial folding defects.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment.
- Information by UniProt
- GT antibody
- HUGT1 antibody
- UDP glucose glycoprotein glucosyltransferase 1 antibody
Staining of UGGT/UGT1 in Paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry using ab124879 at a dilution of 1/100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-UGGT/UGT1 antibody [EPR5105] (ab124879) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle lysate
Lane 2 : BXPC-3 cell lysate
Lane 3 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 4 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 177 kDa
ab124879 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ilca FT et al. TAPBPR mediates peptide dissociation from MHC class I using a leucine lever. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30484775
- Ilca FT et al. Utilizing TAPBPR to promote exogenous peptide loading onto cell surface MHC I molecules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E9353-E9361 (2018). PubMed: 30213851
- Neerincx A et al. TAPBPR bridges UDP-glucose:glycoprotein glucosyltransferase 1 onto MHC class I to provide quality control in the antigen presentation pathway. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28425917