Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2H4] to UL42
- Suitable for: IP, ELISA, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-UL42 antibody [2H4]
See all UL42 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2H4] to UL42
Specificity2H4 will recognise UL42 bound to HSV polymerase.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ELISA, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Baculovirus-expressed HSV DNA polymerase (POL) and POL/UL42 complex.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19311 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution PMID 17553899.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 13.6 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceUL42 is the DNA polymerase accessory protein of herpes simplex virus type 1.
- HHV1gp061 antibody
ab19311 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Döhner K et al. Importin a1 is required for nuclear import of herpes simplex virus proteins and capsid assembly in fibroblasts and neurons. PLoS Pathog 14:e1006823 (2018). PubMed: 29304174
- Lv C et al. Ivermectin inhibits DNA polymerase UL42 of pseudorabies virus entrance into the nucleus and proliferation of the virus in vitro and vivo. Antiviral Res 159:55-62 (2018). PubMed: 30266338
- Dembowski JA et al. Replication-Coupled Recruitment of Viral and Cellular Factors to Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Replication Forks for the Maintenance and Expression of Viral Genomes. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006166 (2017). PubMed: 28095497
- Chen Y et al. A mutation in the human herpes simplex virus type 1 UL52 zinc finger motif results in defective primase activity but can recruit viral polymerase and support viral replication efficiently. J Virol 81:8742-51 (2007). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 17553899