Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MM0593-7F33] to ULBP2
- Suitable for: Neutralising, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThe IgG fraction of culture supernatant was purified by Protein G affinity chromatography and filtered through a 0.2 µm filter.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89930 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/100.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionLigand for the NKG2D receptor, together with at least ULBP1 and ULBP3. ULBPs activate multiple signaling pathways in primary NK cells, resulting in the production of cytokines and chemokines. Binding of ULBPs ligands to NKG2D induces calcium mobilization and activation of the JAK2, STAT5, ERK and PI3K kinase/Akt signal transduction pathway. In CMV infected cells, interacts with soluble CMV glycoprotein UL16. The interaction with UL16 blocked the interaction with the NKG2D receptor, providing a mechanism by which CMV infected cells might escape the immune system. UL16 also causes ULBP2 to be retained in the ER and cis-Golgi apparatus so that it does not reach the cell surface.
Tissue specificityExpressed in various types of cancer cell lines and in the fetus, but not in normal tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MHC class I family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- ALCAN alpha antibody
- ALCAN-alpha antibody
- N2DL 2 antibody
ab89930 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chitadze G et al. In-depth immunophenotyping of patients with glioblastoma multiforme: Impact of steroid treatment. Oncoimmunology 6:e1358839 (2017). PubMed: 29147621
- Chitadze G et al. NKG2D- and T-cell receptor-dependent lysis of malignant glioma cell lines by human ?d T cells: Modulation by temozolomide and A disintegrin and metalloproteases 10 and 17 inhibitors. Oncoimmunology 5:e1093276 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27141377
- Fernández L et al. In vitro Natural Killer Cell Immunotherapy for Medulloblastoma. Front Oncol 3:94 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 23626949