Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to UNC5B
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-UNC5B antibody
See all UNC5B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UNC5B
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
UNC5B Human recombinant protein.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
FunctionReceptor for netrin required for axon guidance. Mediates axon repulsion of neuronal growth cones in the developing nervous system upon ligand binding. Axon repulsion in growth cones may be caused by its association with DCC that may trigger signaling for repulsion (By similarity). Functions as netrin receptor that negatively regulates vascular branching during angiogenesis. Mediates retraction of tip cell filopodia on endothelial growth cones in response to netrin (By similarity). It also acts as a dependence receptor required for apoptosis induction when not associated with netrin ligand (PubMed:12598906). Mediates apoptosis by activating DAPK1. In the absence of NTN1, activates DAPK1 by reducing its autoinhibitory phosphorylation at Ser-308 thereby increasing its catalytic activity.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain. Also expressed at lower level in developing lung, cartilage, kidney and hematopoietic and immune tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the unc-5 family.
Contains 1 death domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 2 TSP type-1 domains.
Contains 1 ZU5 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on cytoplasmic tyrosine residues.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during apoptosis. The cleavage does not take place when the receptor is associated with netrin ligand. Its cleavage by caspases is required to induce apoptosis.
Palmitoylation is required for pro-apoptotic activity, but not for location at lipid rafts.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane raft. Associated with lipid rafts.
- Information by UniProt
- 6330415E02Rik antibody
- A630020F16 antibody
- D10Bwg0792e antibody
ab104871 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Huang Y et al. UNC5B mediates G2/M phase arrest of bladder cancer cells by binding to CDC14A and P53. Cancer Gene Ther N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32372016
- Liu J et al. Effect of Netrin-1 Anti-Inflammatory Factor on Acute Lung Injury in Sepsis Rats. Med Sci Monit 25:7928-7935 (2019). PubMed: 31639817
- Jauhiainen S et al. Axon Guidance-Related Factor FLRT3 Regulates VEGF-Signaling and Endothelial Cell Function. Front Physiol 10:224 (2019). PubMed: 30930791
- Motherwell JM et al. Endothelial Cell Phenotypes are Maintained During Angiogenesis in Cultured Microvascular Networks. Sci Rep 8:5887 (2018). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 29651134
- Yu J et al. Netrin-1 Ameliorates Blood-Brain Barrier Impairment Secondary to Ischemic Stroke via the Activation of PI3K Pathway. Front Neurosci 11:700 (2017). PubMed: 29311781
- Ramasamy SK et al. Endothelial Notch activity promotes angiogenesis and osteogenesis in bone. Nature 507:376-80 (2014). PubMed: 24647000
- Liao SJ et al. Netrin-1 rescues neuron loss by attenuating secondary apoptosis in ipsilateral thalamic nucleus following focal cerebral infarction in hypertensive rats. Neuroscience 231:225-32 (2013). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 23232257
- Westenskow PD et al. Ras pathway inhibition prevents neovascularization by repressing endothelial cell sprouting. J Clin Invest N/A:N/A (2013). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 24084735