Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP6274(2)] to uPA
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-uPA antibody [EP6274(2)]
See all uPA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP6274(2)] to uPA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in human PLAU, P00749.
- PC3 cell lysate. PC3 cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169754 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
RelevanceUrokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA) is secreted from cells as a precursor which is activated to the two chain form consisting of an A and B chain. The active high MW form is further processed by removal of an amino terminal fragment to an active low MW form (35 kDa). uPA is a serine protease that activates plasminogen toplasmin. High levels of uPA and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI 1) in breast cancer tissue extracts have been associated with rapid disease progression. The malignant phenotype of prostatic tumor cells correlates with the expression of both uPA and its cell membrane receptor (uPAR).
- ATF antibody
- BDPLT5 antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
ab169754 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Wei L et al. Novel urokinase-plasminogen activator inhibitor SPINK13 inhibits growth and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in vivo. Pharmacol Res 143:73-85 (2019). PubMed: 30862605
- Meng D et al. MicroRNA-645 targets urokinase plasminogen activator and decreases the invasive growth of MDA-MB-231 triple-negative breast cancer cells. Onco Targets Ther 11:7733-7743 (2018). PubMed: 30464522
- Iesato A et al. PATZ1 knockdown enhances malignant phenotype in thyroid epithelial follicular cells and thyroid cancer cells. Oncotarget 8:82754-82772 (2017). PubMed: 29137300
- Hao XD et al. De novo mutations of TUBA3D are associated with keratoconus. Sci Rep 7:13570 (2017). PubMed: 29051577
- Ma J et al. Overexpression of forkhead box M1 and urokinase-type plasminogen activator in gastric cancer is associated with cancer progression and poor prognosis. Oncol Lett 14:7288-7296 (2017). PubMed: 29344165
- Peng X et al. Matrine Suppresses Proliferation and Invasion of SGC7901 Cells through Inactivation of PI3K/Akt/uPA Pathway. Ann Clin Lab Sci 46:457-62 (2016). PubMed: 27650610
- Li C et al. MiR-10a and miR-181c regulate collagen type I generation in hypertrophic scars by targeting PAI-1 and uPA. FEBS Lett 589:380-9 (2015). PubMed: 25554417
- Ryu J et al. Resveratrol Induces Glioma Cell Apoptosis through Activation of Tristetraprolin. Mol Cells 38:991-7 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26537190