Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to uPA Receptor/U-PAR
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-uPA Receptor/U-PAR antibody
See all uPA Receptor/U-PAR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to uPA Receptor/U-PAR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab103791 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|ICC||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionActs as a receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator. Plays a role in localizing and promoting plasmin formation. Mediates the proteolysis-independent signal transduction activation effects of U-PA. It is subject to negative-feedback regulation by U-PA which cleaves it into an inactive form.
Tissue specificityExpressed in neurons of the rolandic area of the brain (at protein level). Expressed in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 UPAR/Ly6 domains.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 87 antibody
- CD87 antibody
- CD87 antigen antibody
All lanes : Anti-uPA Receptor/U-PAR antibody (ab103791) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human placenta tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Rat thymus tissue lysate
Lane 4 : Rat heart tissue lysate
Lane 5 : MCF7 whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : SMMC whole cell lysate
Lane 7 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 8 : Raji whole cell lysate
Lane 9 : Colo320 whole cell lysate
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
ab103791, at 1µg/ml, staining uPA Receptor/U-PAR in MCF7 cells by Immunocytochemistry.
MDA-MB-231 cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h with vehicle control (0 µM) and varied concentrations of SB 203580 hydrochloride (ab120235). Decreased expression of uPA receptor/U-PAR in MDA-MB-231 cells correlates with an increase in SB 203580 hydrochloride concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 10µg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 5% BSA before being incubated with ab103791 at 1 µg/ml and ab1801 at 1 µg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development solution.
ab103791 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Abufaraj M et al. The expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator system in upper tract urothelial carcinoma and its prognostic value after radical nephroureterectomy. Urol Oncol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32381392
- Cammalleri M et al. The urokinase-type plasminogen activator system as drug target in retinitis pigmentosa: New pre-clinical evidence in the rd10 mouse model. J Cell Mol Med 23:5176-5192 (2019). PubMed: 31251468
- Wach S et al. Exploring the MIR143-UPAR Axis for the Inhibition of Human Prostate Cancer Cells In Vitro and In Vivo. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 16:272-283 (2019). PubMed: 30933831
- Huang JM et al. Ulinastatin Inhibits Osteoclastogenesis and Suppresses Ovariectomy-Induced Bone Loss by Downregulating uPAR. Front Pharmacol 9:1016 (2018). PubMed: 30245631
- Shang X et al. Serine protease PRSS55 is crucial for male mouse fertility via affecting sperm migration and sperm-egg binding. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30032357
- Puthusseri B et al. Regulation of p53-mediated changes in the uPA-fibrinolytic system and in lung injury by loss of surfactant protein C expression in alveolar epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 312:L783-L796 (2017). PubMed: 28385810
- Hao XD et al. De novo mutations of TUBA3D are associated with keratoconus. Sci Rep 7:13570 (2017). PubMed: 29051577
- Al Dhaheri Y et al. Anti-metastatic and anti-tumor growth effects of Origanum majorana on highly metastatic human breast cancer cells: inhibition of NF?B signaling and reduction of nitric oxide production. PLoS One 8:e68808 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23874773