Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5A5] to UQCRFS1/RISP
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-UQCRFS1/RISP antibody [5A5]
See all UQCRFS1/RISP primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5A5] to UQCRFS1/RISP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Pig
Other Immunogen Type. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Human, bovine, rat and murine heart mitochondria. In Flow Cytometry, this antibody gave a positive signal in Raji cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Previously labelled as UQCRFS1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesNear homogeneity as judged by SDS-PAGE. The antibody was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14746 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionComponent of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex (complex III or cytochrome b-c1 complex), which is a respiratory chain that generates an electrochemical potential coupled to ATP synthesis.
The transit peptide of the Rieske protein seems to form part of the bc1 complex and is considered to be the subunit 11/IX of that complex.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Rieske domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Complex III subunit 5 antibody
- Complex III subunit IX antibody
- Cytochrome b c1 complex subunit Rieske mitochondrial antibody
All lanes : Anti-UQCRFS1/RISP antibody [5A5] (ab14746) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Hela Whole Cell Lysate - Hydroxyurea Treated
Lane 2 : Hela Whole Cell Lysate - Bleomycin Treated
Lane 3 : Hela Whole Cell Lysate - Staurosporine Treated
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size: 25 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Human normal kidney (cortex). Staining is observed intracellular. Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control. Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for mouse for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-UQCRFS1/RISP antibody [5A5] (ab14746) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Isolated mitochondria from human heart at 5 µg
Lane 2 : Isolated mitochondria from bovine heart at 1 µg
Lane 3 : Isolated mitochondria from rat heart at 10 µg
Lane 4 : Isolated mitochondria from mouse heart at 10 µg
Overlay histogram showing Raji cells stained with ab14746 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab14746, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Raji cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab14746 has been referenced in 55 publications.
- Protasoni M et al. Respiratory supercomplexes act as a platform for complex III-mediated maturation of human mitochondrial complexes I and IV. EMBO J 39:e102817 (2020). PubMed: 31912925
- Purhonen J et al. A spontaneous mitonuclear epistasis converging on Rieske Fe-S protein exacerbates complex III deficiency in mice. Nat Commun 11:322 (2020). WB . PubMed: 31949167
- Ikeda K et al. Mitochondrial supercomplex assembly promotes breast and endometrial tumorigenesis by metabolic alterations and enhanced hypoxia tolerance. Nat Commun 10:4108 (2019). PubMed: 31511525
- Jackson CB et al. A variant in MRPS14 (uS14m) causes perinatal hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with neonatal lactic acidosis, growth retardation, dysmorphic features and neurological involvement. Hum Mol Genet 28:639-649 (2019). PubMed: 30358850
- Nakazawa H et al. Coenzyme Q10 protects against burn-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and impaired insulin signaling in mouse skeletal muscle. FEBS Open Bio 9:348-363 (2019). PubMed: 30761259