Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Urokinase
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, RIA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Urokinase antibody
See all Urokinase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Urokinase
SpecificityThis antibody binds to human HMW-scuPA (54 kDa), HMW-tsuPA (52 kDa) and LMW-scuPA (33 kDa). This antibody is highly specific for urokinase, no crossreactions were found with other serine proteases (tissue plasminogen activator, plasmin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, elastase, thrombin). Human whole plasma or plasma proteins do not interfere with its binding to urokinase.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Dot blot, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, RIAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein (Human). Extensively purified native HMW-tcuPA and LMW-scuPA (mixture 50/50), isolated from human urine.
- This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: DU145.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPooled antisera are passed over DEAE-cellulose to produce IgG-enriched fraction, which is subjected to absorption with immobilized total human serum proteins to remove non-specific antibodies. The affinity purified antibody is obtained by binding to immobilized native human urokinase, followed by elution with acidic buffer, neutralization, dialysis, dispensing and lyophilization.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24121 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|RIA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSpecifically cleave the zymogen plasminogen to form the active enzyme plasmin.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the prostate gland and prostate cancers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 kringle domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-158 and Ser-323 abolishes proadhesive ability but does not interfere with receptor binding.
- Information by UniProt
- ATF antibody
- ATF uPA antibody
- BDPLT5 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab24121 stained DU145 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab24121 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab24121 at 1/200 dilution staining HMW-scuPA in human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry (formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Sections were formaldehyde fixed prior to blocking in 10% serum for 12 hours at room temperature and then incubated with ab24121, for 18 hours at 4°C. A goat monoclonal to rabbit Ig, diluted 1/50, was used as the secondary antibody.
ab24121 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Almholt K et al. Antibody-Mediated Neutralization of uPA Proteolytic Function Reduces Disease Progression in Mouse Arthritis Models. J Immunol 200:957-965 (2018). PubMed: 29282305
- Tsai KW et al. Arm Selection Preference of MicroRNA-193a Varies in Breast Cancer. Sci Rep 6:28176 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27307030
- Falkenberg N et al. Secreted uPAR isoform 2 (uPAR7b) is a novel direct target of miR-221. Oncotarget 6:8103-14 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25797271
- Magnussen S et al. Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) are potential predictive biomarkers in early stage oral squamous cell carcinomas (OSCC). PLoS One 9:e101895 (2014). IHC . PubMed: 24999729
- Wang L et al. Degradation of Internalized avß5 Integrin Is Controlled by uPAR Bound uPA: Effect on ß1 Integrin Activity and a-SMA Stress Fiber Assembly. PLoS One 7:e33915 (2012). PubMed: 22470492