Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Urokinase
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Urokinase antibody
See all Urokinase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Urokinase
SpecificityThis antibody binds to human HMW-scuPA (54 kDa), HMW-tsuPA (52 kDa) and LMW-scuPA (33 kDa). This antibody is highly specific for urokinase, no crossreactions were found with other serine proteases (tissue plasminogen activator, plasmin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, elastase, thrombin). Human whole plasma or plasma proteins do not interfere with its binding to urokinase.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein (Human). Extensively purified native HMW-tcuPA and LMW-scuPA (mixture 50/50), isolated from human urine.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.5
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPooled antisera are passed over DEAE-cellulose to produce IgG-enriched fraction, which is subjected to absorption with immobilized total human serum proteins to remove non-specific antibodies. The affinity purified antibody is obtained by binding to immobilized native human urokinase, followed by elution with acidic buffer, neutralization, dialysis, dispensing and lyophilization.
FunctionSpecifically cleave the zymogen plasminogen to form the active enzyme plasmin.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the prostate gland and prostate cancers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 kringle domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-158 and Ser-323 abolishes proadhesive ability but does not interfere with receptor binding.
- Information by UniProt
- ATF antibody
- ATF uPA antibody
- BDPLT5 antibody
ab24121 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Almholt K et al. Antibody-Mediated Neutralization of uPA Proteolytic Function Reduces Disease Progression in Mouse Arthritis Models. J Immunol 200:957-965 (2018). PubMed: 29282305
- Tsai KW et al. Arm Selection Preference of MicroRNA-193a Varies in Breast Cancer. Sci Rep 6:28176 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27307030
- Falkenberg N et al. Secreted uPAR isoform 2 (uPAR7b) is a novel direct target of miR-221. Oncotarget 6:8103-14 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25797271
- Magnussen S et al. Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) are potential predictive biomarkers in early stage oral squamous cell carcinomas (OSCC). PLoS One 9:e101895 (2014). IHC . PubMed: 24999729
- Wang L et al. Degradation of Internalized avß5 Integrin Is Controlled by uPAR Bound uPA: Effect on ß1 Integrin Activity and a-SMA Stress Fiber Assembly. PLoS One 7:e33915 (2012). PubMed: 22470492
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org