Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Urotensin II - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Urotensin II antibody - C-terminal
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Urotensin II - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194676 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa.|
FunctionHighly potent vasoconstrictor.
Tissue specificityBrain specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the urotensin-2 family.
- Information by UniProt
- PRO1068 antibody
- U-II antibody
- UCN2 antibody
ab194676 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Pan YJ et al. Urotensin II Induces Mice Skeletal Muscle Atrophy Associated with Enhanced Autophagy and Inhibited Irisin Precursor (Fibronectin Type III Domain Containing 5) Expression in Chronic Renal Failure. Kidney Blood Press Res 44:479-495 (2019). PubMed: 31238319
- Chen GJ et al. Retraction statement: ‘Urotensin II inhibits autophagy in renal tubular epithelial cells and induces extracellular matrix production in early diabetic mice’ by Guan-Jong Chen, Fei Wu, Xin-Xin Pang, Ai-Hua Zhang, Jun-Bao Shi, Min Lu and Chao-Shu Tang J Diabetes Investig 8:629 (2017). PubMed: 27459313
- Yang Y et al. UII/GPR14 is involved in NF-?B-mediated colonic inflammation in vivo and in vitro. Oncol Rep 36:2800-2806 (2016). PubMed: 27600191
- Pang XX et al. Urotensin II Induces ER Stress and EMT and Increase Extracellular Matrix Production in Renal Tubular Epithelial Cell in Early Diabetic Mice. Kidney Blood Press Res 41:434-49 (2016). PubMed: 27467277