Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6430] to USF1
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-USF1 antibody [EPR6430]
See all USF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6430] to USF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human USF1 aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- K-562, Jurkat and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035); Jurkat cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 9.50 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125020 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceUSF1 is a member of the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper family, and can function as a cellular transcription factor. The encoded protein can activate transcription through pyrimidine-rich initiator (Inr) elements and E box motifs. USF1 has been linked to familial combined hyperlipidemia (FCHL). Two transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for this.
- bHLHb11 antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 11 antibody
- FCHL 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-USF1 antibody [EPR6430] (ab125020) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : K-562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : Hela cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Jurkat cells using ab125020 at 1/10 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab125020 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sun Q et al. LncRNA LOXL1-AS1 facilitates the tumorigenesis and stemness of gastric carcinoma via regulation of miR-708-5p/USF1 pathway. Cell Prolif 52:e12687 (2019). PubMed: 31468594
- Guo J et al. Upstream stimulating factor 1 suppresses autophagy and hepatic lipid droplet catabolism by activating mTOR. FEBS Lett 592:2725-2738 (2018). PubMed: 30054905
- Song X et al. USF1 promotes the development of knee osteoarthritis by activating the NF-?B signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 16:3518-3524 (2018). PubMed: 30233704
- Byun S et al. Src kinase is a direct target of apigenin against UVB-induced skin inflammation. Carcinogenesis 34:397-405 (2013). PubMed: 23161610