Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Uteroglobin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Uteroglobin antibody
See all Uteroglobin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Uteroglobin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant rat uteroglobin His fusion protein.
This antibody is useful for distinguishing ciliated from non-ciliated cells in the adult mouse lung.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody is useful for distinguishing ciliated from non-ciliated cells in the adult mouse lung.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40873 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionBinds phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylinositol, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) and weakly progesterone, potent inhibitor of phospholipase A2.
Tissue specificityClara cells (nonciliated cells of the surface epithelium of the pulmonary airways).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the secretoglobin family.
- Information by UniProt
- Blastokinin antibody
- CC10 antibody
- CC16 antibody
Adult mouse lung was embedded in paraffin and stained with ab40873 (1:1600 dilution).
ab40873 staining Uteroglobin in human lung parenchyma tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using 10mM citrate buffer. Samples were then blocked with 1% BSA, 0.1% Triton-X/ PBS for 15 minutes at 18°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/500 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated pig anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/100 dilution.
ab40873 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Shafiquzzaman M et al. The noncanonical BMP signaling pathway plays an important role in club cell regeneration. Stem Cells 38:437-450 (2020). PubMed: 31758827
- Noël A et al. In utero exposures to electronic-cigarette aerosols impair the Wnt signaling during mouse lung development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 318:L705-L722 (2020). PubMed: 32083945
- Méndez A et al. Primary infection by Pneumocystis induces Notch-independent Clara cell mucin production in rat distal airways. PLoS One 14:e0217684 (2019). PubMed: 31170201
- Fuentes-Mateos R et al. Concomitant deletion of HRAS and NRAS leads to pulmonary immaturity, respiratory failure and neonatal death in mice. Cell Death Dis 10:838 (2019). PubMed: 31685810
- Haas M et al. ?N-Tp63 Mediates Wnt/ß-Catenin-Induced Inhibition of Differentiation in Basal Stem Cells of Mucociliary Epithelia. Cell Rep 28:3338-3352.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31553905