Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to UTF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, ChIP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-UTF1 antibody
See all UTF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UTF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, ChIPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse UTF1 aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Mouse embryonic stem cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22266011|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24672748|
FunctionActs as a transcriptional coactivator of ATF2.
DomainThe leucine-zipper domain is required for coactivation activity. When this domain is deleted, the protein is able to stimulate transcription from a number of gene promoters.
- Information by UniProt
FormUTF1 is a transcriptional coactivator expressed in pluripotent embryonic stem cells and extra-embryonic cells. Upon activation by Oct-3/4, UTF1 may be responsible for the rapid proliferation and tumorigenic properties of embryonic stem cells. Sox2 is also part of the Oct-3/4-containing complex able to bind the regulatory region of UTF1. UTF1 acts as a transcriptional coactivator of ATF2 and it binds to the N-terminal region of ATF2. Associates with the TFIID complex through interaction with TBP.
- hUTF 1 antibody
- hUTF1 antibody
- Undifferentiated embryonic cell transcription factor 1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab24273 stained mouse embryonic stem cells. The cells were PFA fixed (4% PFA, 20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab24273, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
The large nuclei of the feeder cells can be seen in the image; ab24273 does not localise to these nuclei. ab24273 can be seen localising to the much smaller nuclei of the mouse embryonic stem cells.
All lanes : Anti-UTF1 antibody (ab24273) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate with Human UTF1 peptide (ab30369) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab7090) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa
Additional bands at: 46 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 46 kDa (possible post-translational modification)
ab24273 detected a band of the predicted size of UTF1 in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate. The band was blocked using the immunising peptide, ab30369. An additional band of unknown identity was also recognized by the antibody.
ab24273 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Benchetrit H et al. Direct Induction of the Three Pre-implantation Blastocyst Cell Types from Fibroblasts. Cell Stem Cell 24:983-994.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31031139
- Mochizuki K et al. SETDB1 is essential for mouse primordial germ cell fate determination by ensuring BMP signaling. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30446626
- Wang Y et al. Unique molecular events during reprogramming of human somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) at naïve state. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29381138
- Fagnocchi L et al. A Myc-driven self-reinforcing regulatory network maintains mouse embryonic stem cell identity. Nat Commun 7:11903 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27301576
- Li Y et al. Mapping global changes in nuclear cytosine base modifications in the early mouse embryo. Reproduction 151:83-95 (2016). PubMed: 26660107