Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to V5 tag
- Suitable for: ChIP, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-V5 tag antibody
See all V5 tag primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to V5 tag
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate (ab5395) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in Western Blot when tested against a V5-tagged protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15828 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent dilution. ChIP was performed with 25 ug chromatin, 5ug of antibody and 20 ul of Protein A/G beads.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20850014|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceThe V5 epitope tag is derived from a small epitope (Pk) present on the P and V proteins of the paramyxovirus of simian virus 5 (SV5). The V5 tag is usually used with all 14 amino acids (GKPIPNPLLGLDST), although it has also been used with a shorter 9 amino acid sequence (IPNPLLGLD).
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST epitope tag antibody
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST tag antibody
- Protein Rev antibody
A stably transfected 293T human cell line harbouring the GAL4 upstream activation sequence was transiently transfected with a V5 or T7- tagged GAL4 DNA Binding Domain construct. 48 hours post transfection Chromatin was prepared according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. The ChIP was performed with 25 ug chromatin, 5ug of antibody and 20 ul of Protein A/G beads. A non-specific antibody was used as the negative control. The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (SYBR Green approach).
All lanes : Anti-V5 tag antibody (ab15828) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Recombinant V5 tagged Groucho homolog
Lane 2 : Recombinant V5 tagged Groucho with
V5 tag peptide (ab15829) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
ab15828 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- Safiulina D et al. Miro proteins prime mitochondria for Parkin translocation and mitophagy. EMBO J 38:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30504269
- Federico A et al. The complex CBX7-PRMT1 has a critical role in regulating E-cadherin gene expression and cell migration. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech 1862:509-521 (2019). PubMed: 30826432
- Chen JY et al. R-ChIP for genome-wide mapping of R-loops by using catalytically inactive RNASEH1. Nat Protoc 14:1661-1685 (2019). PubMed: 30996261
- Kung-Chun Chiu D et al. Hypoxia regulates the mitochondrial activity of hepatocellular carcinoma cells through HIF/HEY1/PINK1 pathway. Cell Death Dis 10:934 (2019). PubMed: 31819034
- Dewari PS et al. An efficient and scalable pipeline for epitope tagging in mammalian stem cells using Cas9 ribonucleoprotein. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29638216