Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to V5 tag
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-V5 tag antibody
See all V5 tag primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to V5 tag
ELISA: V5 tag antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9116) specificity was verified by ELISA against the peptide conjugated to BSA (GKPIPNPLLGLDST-BSA). A 1:50,000 dilution of the antibody gave an O.D.=1.0 in a 15 minute reaction using HRP- conjugated goat anti rabbit (IgG) at 1:10000 and TMB as the substrate. Appropriate specificity controls were run.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
GKPIPNPLLGLDST (V5 epitope) conjugated with KLH.
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate (ab5395) can be used as a positive control in WB. Ab5395
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were immunoaffinity purified using the peptide immobilized on a solid phase. Antibody concentration was determined by extinction coefficient : O.D. 1.4 at 280nM equals 1.0 mg .
Light chain typeunknown
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9116 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.05 - 0.5 µg/ml. Can be blocked with V5 tag peptide (ab15829).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceThe V5 epitope tag is derived from a small epitope (Pk) present on the P and V proteins of the paramyxovirus of simian virus 5 (SV5). The V5 tag is usually used with all 14 amino acids (GKPIPNPLLGLDST), although it has also been used with a shorter 9 amino acid sequence (IPNPLLGLD).
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST epitope tag antibody
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST tag antibody
- Protein Rev antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9116 has been referenced in 97 publications.
- Parameswaran S et al. Molecular characterization of an MLL1 fusion and its role in chromosomal instability. Mol Oncol 13:422-440 (2019). PubMed: 30548174
- Borzooee F & Larijani M Pichia pastoris as a host for production and isolation of mutagenic AID/APOBEC enzymes involved in cancer and immunity. N Biotechnol 51:67-79 (2019). PubMed: 30822538
- Fauster A et al. Systematic genetic mapping of necroptosis identifies SLC39A7 as modulator of death receptor trafficking. Cell Death Differ 26:1138-1155 (2019). PubMed: 30237509
- Omrane M et al. Septin 9 has Two Polybasic Domains Critical to Septin Filament Assembly and Golgi Integrity. iScience 13:138-153 (2019). PubMed: 30831549
- Nehls J et al. Release of Immunomodulatory Ebola Virus Glycoprotein-Containing Microvesicles Is Suppressed by Tetherin in a Species-Specific Manner. Cell Rep 26:1841-1853.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30759394