Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to V5 tag
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, ChIP, WB, ELISA, IP, ChIP/Chip, IHC-P, ICC
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-V5 tag antibody
See all V5 tag primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to V5 tag
ELISA: V5 tag antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9116) specificity was verified by ELISA against the peptide conjugated to BSA (GKPIPNPLLGLDST-BSA). A 1:50,000 dilution of the antibody gave an O.D.=1.0 in a 15 minute reaction using HRP- conjugated goat anti rabbit (IgG) at 1:10000 and TMB as the substrate. Appropriate specificity controls were run.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ChIP, WB, ELISA, IP, ChIP/Chip, IHC-P, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
GKPIPNPLLGLDST (V5 epitope) conjugated with KLH.
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate (ab5395) can be used as a positive control in WB. Ab5395
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were immunoaffinity purified using the peptide immobilized on a solid phase. Antibody concentration was determined by extinction coefficient : O.D. 1.4 at 280nM equals 1.0 mg .
Light chain typeunknown
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9116 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 2 - 10 µg/ml. PubMed: 18575576|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 17289569|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.05 - 0.5 µg/ml. Can be blocked with V5 tag peptide (ab15829).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ChIP/Chip||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 17289569|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 17012257|
RelevanceThe V5 epitope tag is derived from a small epitope (Pk) present on the P and V proteins of the paramyxovirus of simian virus 5 (SV5). The V5 tag is usually used with all 14 amino acids (GKPIPNPLLGLDST), although it has also been used with a shorter 9 amino acid sequence (IPNPLLGLD).
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST epitope tag antibody
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST tag antibody
- Protein Rev antibody
All lanes : Anti-V5 tag antibody (ab9116) at 1/5000 dilution
Lanes 1-3 : Cells transfected with v5-tagged protein.
Lanes 4-5 : Untransfected cells.
Lanes 1-3 : Anti-rabbit Ig-HRP at 1/20000 dilution
Lanes 4-5 : Anti-rabbit Ig-HRP at 1/20000 dilution
Mouse ES cells lysate.
ab9116 staining V5 tag in the Human U2OS cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% serum for 1 hour at 4°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/300) for 1 hour at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody (1/300).
ChIP qPCR: The graph on the left represents the input chromatin of PC3-EMT14-OVOL2 relative to empty vector (EV) control. The graph on the right depicts the ChIP DNA using V5 antibody (ab9116). The V5 epitope was included at the C-terminus of the expressed OVOL2. Results were normalized to input controls and graphs are relative to EV. Graphs show mean +/- sem.
ab9116 at 1/1000 dilution staining V5 in V5-Pgc transfected Drosophila Kc cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Kc cells were fixed in 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes, washed in PBS-Tween 20 (0.05%) and blocked in 5% milk in PBS-Tween 20 for 1 hour. Cells were incubated with primary antibody at 4°C overnight and the secondary antibody at room temperature for 3 hours.
ab9116 has been referenced in 97 publications.
- Parameswaran S et al. Molecular characterization of an MLL1 fusion and its role in chromosomal instability. Mol Oncol 13:422-440 (2019). PubMed: 30548174
- Borzooee F & Larijani M Pichia pastoris as a host for production and isolation of mutagenic AID/APOBEC enzymes involved in cancer and immunity. N Biotechnol 51:67-79 (2019). PubMed: 30822538
- Fauster A et al. Systematic genetic mapping of necroptosis identifies SLC39A7 as modulator of death receptor trafficking. Cell Death Differ 26:1138-1155 (2019). PubMed: 30237509
- Omrane M et al. Septin 9 has Two Polybasic Domains Critical to Septin Filament Assembly and Golgi Integrity. iScience 13:138-153 (2019). PubMed: 30831549
- Nehls J et al. Release of Immunomodulatory Ebola Virus Glycoprotein-Containing Microvesicles Is Suppressed by Tetherin in a Species-Specific Manner. Cell Rep 26:1841-1853.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30759394