Product nameAnti-Vaccinia Virus antibody (HRP)
See all Vaccinia Virus primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vaccinia Virus (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with Vaccinia Virus.
Lister Strain (mixture of virions and infected cell polypeptides)
IgG fraction covalently coupled to a highly purified preparation of horseradish peroxidase (RZ>3). Care is taken to ensure adequate conjugation while preserving maximum enzyme activity. Free enzyme is absent.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20844 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceVaccinia virus is an Orthopoxvirus, containing double stranded DNA. Fusion protein plays an important role in the entry of enveloped virus into cells. As vaccinia virus has a wide host range, it is conceivable that certain cellular components that are ubiquitously expressed on the cell mediate virus infection. The study of the entry process, attachment, fusion and the proteins and receptors involved is complex. During vaccinia virus infection, the fusion process is attributed to the action of the 14KDa protein (A27L). The N terminus of this protein recognises heparan sulfate on the cell surface. It interacts with the negative charges of sulfates of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). Therefore, antibodies that recognize this 14KDa protein are able to neutralize vaccinia virus infection and enable identification other viral and cellular proteins which participate in the vaccinia virus entry process.
- A27L antibody
- Orthopoxvirus antibody
ab20844 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.