Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Vaccinia Virus (HRP)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Vaccinia virus
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Vaccinia Virus antibody (HRP)
See all Vaccinia Virus primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vaccinia Virus (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Vaccinia virus
Vaccinia (whole virus)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceVaccinia virus is an Orthopoxvirus, containing double stranded DNA. Fusion protein plays an important role in the entry of enveloped virus into cells. As vaccinia virus has a wide host range, it is conceivable that certain cellular components that are ubiquitously expressed on the cell mediate virus infection. The study of the entry process, attachment, fusion and the proteins and receptors involved is complex. During vaccinia virus infection, the fusion process is attributed to the action of the 14KDa protein (A27L). The N terminus of this protein recognises heparan sulfate on the cell surface. It interacts with the negative charges of sulfates of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). Therefore, antibodies that recognize this 14KDa protein are able to neutralize vaccinia virus infection and enable identification other viral and cellular proteins which participate in the vaccinia virus entry process.
- A27L antibody
- Orthopoxvirus antibody
ab87387 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.