Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VAMP8/EDB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VAMP8/EDB antibody
See all VAMP8/EDB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VAMP8/EDB
SpecificityReacts specifically with the 10 kDa protein of human CaCo-2, rat PC12 and dog MDCK cell extracts.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human VAMP8/EDB.
Previously labelled as VAMP8.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
IM: Use at an assay dependant dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependant dilution.
WB: 1/200 - 1/1000.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInvolved in the targeting and/or fusion of transport vesicles to their target membrane. Involved for dense-granule secretion in platelets. Plays a role in regulated enzyme secretion in pancreatic acinar cells. Involved in the abscission of the midbody during cell division, which leads to completely separate daughter cells. Involved in the homotypic fusion of early and late endosomes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 v-SNARE coiled-coil homology domain.
- Information by UniProt
- EDB antibody
- Endobrevin antibody
- VAMP 8 antibody
ab6186 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yang Y et al. Polyphenols differentially inhibit degranulation of distinct subsets of vesicles in mast cells by specific interaction with granule-type-dependent SNARE complexes. Biochem J 450:537-46 (2013). PubMed: 23252429
- Bethani I et al. Endosomal fusion upon SNARE knockdown is maintained by residual SNARE activity and enhanced docking. Traffic 10:1543-59 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19624487
- Mashima H et al. Involvement of vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 in human gastric epithelial cell vacuolation induced by Helicobacter pylori-produced VacA. Infect Immun 76:2296-303 (2008). PubMed: 18362137
- Lapierre LA et al. Characterization of immunoisolated human gastric parietal cells tubulovesicles: identification of regulators of apical recycling. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1249-62 (2007). WB, IHC-P, IF ; Human . PubMed: 17255364
- Boström P et al. SNARE proteins mediate fusion between cytosolic lipid droplets and are implicated in insulin sensitivity. Nat Cell Biol 9:1286-93 (2007). PubMed: 17922004
- Pooley RD et al. CytLEK1 is a regulator of plasma membrane recycling through its interaction with SNAP-25. Mol Biol Cell 17:3176-86 (2006). PubMed: 16672379
- Polgár J et al. Vesicle-associated membrane protein 3 (VAMP-3) and VAMP-8 are present in human platelets and are required for granule secretion. Blood 100:1081-3 (2002). WB ; Human . PubMed: 12130530