Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [7-88] to VAP1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-VAP1 antibody [7-88]
See all VAP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [7-88] to VAP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue/ cell preparation of vessels from Mouse lymph nodes
- Mouse spleen Mouse VAP-1-transfected CHO cells
Inhibits migration of granulocytes and monocytes in acute models of inflammation.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesInhibits migration of granulocytes and monocytes in acute models of inflammation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81673 in the following tested applications.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Antibody 7-88 (200µg) was intravenously injected which resulted in the inhibition of leukocyte trafficking in inflamed peritoneum.|
ab18536 - Rat monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCell adhesion protein that participates in lymphocyte recirculation by mediating the binding of lymphocytes to peripheral lymph node vascular endothelial cells in an L-selectin-independent fashion. Has a monoamine oxidase activity. May play a role in adipogenesis.
Tissue specificityStrongly expressed on the high endothelial venules of peripheral lymph nodes and on hepatic endothelia. Also highly expressed in appendix, lung and small intestine. Expressed also in adipose tissue, in bone marrow, colon, heart, kidney, ovary, pancreas, placenta, prostate, skeletal muscle, spleen and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the copper/topaquinone oxidase family.
modificationsTopaquinone (TPQ) is generated by copper-dependent autoxidation of a specific tyrosyl residue.
N- and O-glycosylated.
- Information by UniProt
- Amine oxidase, copper containing 3 (vascular adhesion protein 1) antibody
- AOC3 antibody
- AOC3_HUMAN antibody
ab81673 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Schwalie PC et al. A stromal cell population that inhibits adipogenesis in mammalian fat depots. Nature 559:103-108 (2018). PubMed: 29925944
- Yoshikawa N et al. Blockade of vascular adhesion protein-1 attenuates choroidal neovascularization. Mol Vis 18:593-600 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 22419852
- Bonder CS et al. Rules of recruitment for Th1 and Th2 lymphocytes in inflamed liver: a role for alpha-4 integrin and vascular adhesion protein-1. Immunity 23:153-63 (2005). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 16111634
- Merinen M et al. Vascular adhesion protein-1 is involved in both acute and chronic inflammation in the mouse. Am J Pathol 166:793-800 (2005). Flow Cyt, Functional Studies, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 15743791
- Abella A et al. Adipocytes release a soluble form of VAP-1/SSAO by a metalloprotease-dependent process and in a regulated manner. Diabetologia 47:429-38 (2004). IP ; Mouse . PubMed: 14968297