Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VASA/VAS
- Suitable for: IHC - Wholemount, WB
- Reacts with: Zebrafish, Medaka fish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VASA/VAS antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VASA/VAS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC - Wholemount, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Zebrafish, Medaka fish
Recombinant fragment within Zebrafish VASA/VAS aa 199-526. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O42107
- Zebrafish embryos; 7 days-post-fertilization medaka embryo; Zebrafish 10 hpf lysate/extract.
This product was previously labelled as VASA
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 79.99% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab209710 in the following tested applications.
|IHC - Wholemount||1/100 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa.|
RelevanceVASA is required only in the female germline. It is important for oocyte formation and in the specification of the posterior structures of the embryo.
- Entrez Gene: 30263 Zebrafish
- ATP dependent RNA helicase vasa antibody
- DmRH25 antibody
- VAS antibody
- VASA antibody
Anti-VASA/VAS antibody (ab209710) at 1/2000 dilution + Zebrafish 10 hpf lysate/extract at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 77 kDa
7.5 % SDS-PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis (whole mount) of paraformaldehyde-fixed Zebrafish embryo labeling VASA/VAS (primordial germ cell) with ab209710 at 1/200 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis (whole mount) of Zebrafish 7 days-post-fertilization medaka embryo labeling VASA/VAS with ab209710 at 1/100 dilution.
ab209710 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zupa R et al. Meagre Argyrosomus regius (Asso, 1801) Stem Spermatogonia: Histological Characterization, Immunostaining, In Vitro Proliferation, and Cryopreservation. Animals (Basel) 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32423131
- Cavelier P et al. Early gametogenesis in the Pacific oyster: new insights using stem cell and mitotic markers. J Exp Biol 220:3988-3996 (2017). PubMed: 28860120
- Li B et al. Bovine male germline stem-like cells cultured in serum- and feeder-free medium. Cytotechnology 68:2145-57 (2016). PubMed: 26883918
- Ye H et al. Identification and sexually dimorphic expression of vasa isoforms in Dabry's sturgeon (Acipenser dabryanus), and functional analysis of vasa 3'-untranslated region. Cell Tissue Res 366:203-18 (2016). PubMed: 27184950