Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Vav proteins (phospho Y174)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Vav proteins (phospho Y174) antibody
See all Vav proteins primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vav proteins (phospho Y174)
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Vav protein, only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 174.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Vav proteins around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 174 (E-I-YP-E-D)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47282 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 118 kDa.|
RelevanceThe Vav family are Rho/Rac guanosine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), consisting of three members in mammalian cells (Vav, Vav2, Vav3) and one in nematodes (CelVav). First discovered based on its transforming properties, Vav is expressed mainly in hematopoietic cells and a few non-hematopoietic tissues, such as the pancreas and tooth enamels. As a signalling transducer, Vav is involved in T-cell activated transduction of T-cell antigen receptor (TCR). T-cell stimulated and tyrosine phosphorylated Vav acts as a catalyst in the exchange of guanosine nucleotides on Rac-1, a GTP binding protein. Using a mouse model, Vav expression has been determined to play an essential role in the cyctosketetal, proliferative, and apoptotic pathways for developing lymphoid cells and its signal response.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Plasma membrane VAV1, Cytoplasm - VAV2 & VAV3
- 2810040F13Rik antibody
- A530094I06Rik antibody
- AA986410 antibody
ab47282 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Guo M et al. Inhibition of allogeneic islet graft rejection by VISTA-conjugated liposome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 516:914-920 (2019). PubMed: 31272717
- Schwartz SL et al. Differential mast cell outcomes are sensitive to FceRI-Syk binding kinetics. Mol Biol Cell 28:3397-3414 (2017). PubMed: 28855374
- Kumar V et al. Integrin beta8 (ITGB8) activates VAV-RAC1 signaling via FAK in the acquisition of endometrial epithelial cell receptivity for blastocyst implantation. Sci Rep 7:1885 (2017). PubMed: 28507287
- Kwon HJ et al. Stepwise phosphorylation of p65 promotes NF-?B activation and NK cell responses during target cell recognition. Nat Commun 7:11686 (2016). PubMed: 27221592
- Dios-Esponera A et al. Positive and negative regulation by SLP-76/ADAP and Pyk2 of chemokine-stimulated T-lymphocyte adhesion mediated by integrin a4ß1. Mol Biol Cell 26:3215-28 (2015). PubMed: 26202465