Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP510Y] to VAV1 (phospho Y174)
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-VAV1 (phospho Y174) antibody [EP510Y]
See all VAV1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP510Y] to VAV1 (phospho Y174)
SpecificityThis antibody detects VAV1 phosphorylated at Tyrosine 174.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, Dot blotmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human VAV1 (phospho Y174). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Jurkat cell lysate treated with pervanadate. ICC/IF: Jurkat cell lysate treated with pervanadate. Flow Cyt: WB: Jurkat cell lysate treated with pervanadate.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76225 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 101 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 101 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCouples tyrosine kinase signals with the activation of the Rho/Rac GTPases, thus leading to cell differentiation and/or proliferation.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in hematopoietic cells but not in other cell types.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
Contains 1 DH (DBL-homology) domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 2 SH3 domains.
DomainThe DH domain is involved in interaction with CCPG1.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues.
- Information by UniProt
- Oncogene vav antibody
- p95Vav antibody
- Proto-oncogene vav antibody
All lanes : Anti-VAV1 (phospho Y174) antibody [EP510Y] (ab76225) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia T lymphocyte) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat treated with 50mM pervanadate for 5minutes whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat treated with 50mM pervanadate for 5min whole cell lysate 10 µg. Then the membrane was incubated with alkaline phosphatase
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution
Predicted band size: 101 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of Untreated Jurkat cells and Pervanadate (1mM,30min) treated Jurkat cells labelling VAV1 (phospho Y174) with purified ab76225 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100, and counterstained with ab7291 anti-Tubulin (mouse mAb) 1:1000 (1ug/ml). An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody (Ab150077). Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Negative Control 1: Rabbit primary antibody and anti-mouse secondary antibody(ab150120)
Flow Cytometry analysis of Jurkat (human acute T cell leukemia) untreated/treated with 1mM pervanadate for 30min cells labeling VAV1 with unpurified ab76225 at 1/200 dilution (10ug/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488)(1/2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) was used as the isotype control, cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as the unlabeled control. Untreated control (Green).
Dot blot analysis of VAV1 (pY174) peptide (Lane 1) and VAV1 non-phospho peptide (Lane 2) labelling VAV1 (phospho Y174) with ab76225 at a dilution of 1/1000. A Peroxidase-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) was used as the secondary antibody at a dilution of 1/2500.
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 3 minutes.
ab76225 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Zhang C et al. CD100-plexin-B1 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and promotes metastasis. Cancer Lett 455:1-13 (2019). PubMed: 30981760
- Zhang Z et al. CEACAM1 regulates the IL-6 mediated fever response to LPS through the RP105 receptor in murine monocytes. BMC Immunol 20:7 (2019). PubMed: 30674283
- Abate F et al. Activating mutations and translocations in the guanine exchange factor VAV1 in peripheral T-cell lymphomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:764-769 (2017). PubMed: 28062691
- Zvezdova E et al. Themis1 enhances T cell receptor signaling during thymocyte development by promoting Vav1 activity and Grb2 stability. Sci Signal 9:ra51 (2016). PubMed: 27188442
- Parikh K et al. Suppression of p21Rac signaling and increased innate immunity mediate remission in Crohn's disease. Sci Transl Med 6:233ra53 (2014). PubMed: 24760188