Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VAV2 (phospho Y172)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VAV2 (phospho Y172) antibody
See all VAV2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VAV2 (phospho Y172)
Specificityab86695 detects Vav1, Vav2, and Vav3 in Jurkat cells treated with pervanadate. The antibody does not detect these Vavs after treatment with alkaline phosphatase.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding Tyr-172 in human VAV2. This sequence has high homology with similar regions in rat and mouse VAV2, and has significant homology to the conserved site in Vav1 and Vav3.
- A431 cells treated with EGF.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab86695 was cross-adsorbed to unphosphorylated VAV2 (Tyr-172) peptide before affinity purification using phospho-VAV2 (Tyr-172) peptide (without carrier).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 101 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 101 kDa).|
FunctionGuanine nucleotide exchange factor for the Rho family of Ras-related GTPases. Plays an important role in angiogenesis. Its recruitement by phosphorylated EPHA2 is critical for EFNA1-induced RAC1 GTPase activation and vascular endothelial cell migration and assembly.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
Contains 1 DH (DBL-homology) domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 2 SH3 domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Guanine nucleotide exchange factor VAV2 antibody
- Oncogene VAV2 antibody
- Protein vav 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-VAV2 (phospho Y172) antibody (ab86695) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cells treated with EGF
Lane 2 : A431 cells treated with EGF, exposed to alkaline phosphatase
Predicted band size: 101 kDa
Observed band size: 101 kDa
Additional bands at: <100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab86695 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Lewis-Tuffin LJ et al. Src family kinases differentially influence glioma growth and motility. Mol Oncol 9:1783-98 (2015). PubMed: 26105207
- Espejo R et al. PTP-PEST targets a novel tyrosine site in p120 catenin to control epithelial cell motility and Rho GTPase activity. J Cell Sci 127:497-508 (2014). PubMed: 24284071
- Havel LS et al. Vimentin regulates lung cancer cell adhesion through a VAV2-Rac1 pathway to control focal adhesion kinase activity. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2014). Human . PubMed: 24858039