Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1130Y] to VAV3
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-VAV3 antibody [EP1130Y]
See all VAV3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1130Y] to VAV3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human VAV3 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899); permeabalized Jurkat cells.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52938 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionExchange factor for GTP-binding proteins RhoA, RhoG and, to a lesser extent, Rac1. Binds physically to the nucleotide-free states of those GTPases. Plays an important role in angiogenesis. Its recruitement by phosphorylated EPHA2 is critical for EFNA1-induced RAC1 GTPase activation and vascular endothelial cell migration and assembly.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
Contains 1 DH (DBL-homology) domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 2 SH3 domains.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ40431 antibody
- Guanine nucleotide exchange factor VAV3 antibody
- Protein vav 3 antibody
Anti-VAV3 antibody [EP1130Y] (ab52938) at 1/100000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP-labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 98 kDa
Observed band size: ~98 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Jurkat cells using ab52938 (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52938 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Maruyama K et al. Bone-protective Functions of Netrin 1 Protein. J Biol Chem 291:23854-23868 (2016). PubMed: 27681594
- Aguilar H et al. VAV3 mediates resistance to breast cancer endocrine therapy. Breast Cancer Res 16:R53 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24886537
- Nomura T et al. Targeting the Vav3 oncogene enhances docetaxel-induced apoptosis through the inhibition of androgen receptor phosphorylation in LNCaP prostate cancer cells under chronic hypoxia. Mol Cancer 12:27 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23566222
- Yi F et al. Mechanism of homocysteine-induced Rac1/NADPH oxidase activation in mesangial cells: role of guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav2. Cell Physiol Biochem 20:909-18 (2007). WB . PubMed: 17982273