Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [6G9] to VCAM1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-VCAM1 antibody [6G9]
See all VCAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6G9] to VCAM1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human VCAM1 expressed in E. Coli.
- HUVEC and EC cell lysate. Human lung cancer and colon cancer tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98954 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
FunctionImportant in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with the beta-1 integrin VLA4 on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/VLA4 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
Tissue specificityExpressed on inflammed vascular endothelium, as well as on macrophage-like and dendritic cell types in both normal and inflammed tissue.
Sequence similaritiesContains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
DomainEither the first or the fourth Ig-like C2-type domain is required for VLA4-dependent cell adhesion.
- Information by UniProt
- CD106 antibody
- CD106 Antigen antibody
- INCAM 100 antibody
ab98954 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhang K et al. Activation of brain endothelium by Escherichia coli K1 virulence factor cglD promotes polymorphonuclear leukocyte transendothelial migration. Med Microbiol Immunol 208:59-68 (2019). PubMed: 30171337
- Wu D et al. The Effects of the CXCR4 Antagonist, AMD3465, on Human Retinal Vascular Endothelial Cells (hRVECs) in a High Glucose Model of Diabetic Retinopathy. Med Sci Monit 25:6946-6954 (2019). PubMed: 31860633
- Chen Q et al. Mechanisms of Intravascular Linear Ablation Induced Restenosis in Rabbit Abdominal Aorta. Biomed Res Int 2018:7459276 (2018). PubMed: 30671470
- Multhaup A et al. N-cadherin knockdown leads to disruption of trophoblastic and endothelial cell interaction in a 3D cell culture model - New insights in trophoblast invasion failure. Cell Adh Migr 12:259-270 (2018). PubMed: 29231798
- Herrera A et al. Endothelial cell activation on 3D-matrices derived from PDGF-BB-stimulated fibroblasts is mediated by Snail1. Oncogenesis 7:76 (2018). PubMed: 30250018
- Kotha S et al. Microvasculature-directed thrombopoiesis in a 3D in vitro marrow microenvironment. PLoS One 13:e0195082 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29617409
- Valero-Muñoz M et al. Relevance of vascular peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator-1a to molecular alterations in atherosclerosis. Exp Physiol 98:999-1008 (2013). PubMed: 23335007
- Rouault C et al. Roles of chemokine ligand-2 (CXCL2) and neutrophils in influencing endothelial cell function and inflammation of human adipose tissue. Endocrinology 154:1069-79 (2013). PubMed: 23372021
- Delfortrie S et al. Egfl7 promotes tumor escape from immunity by repressing endothelial cell activation. Cancer Res 71:7176-86 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22037871