Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [M/K-2] to VCAM1 (FITC)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-VCAM1 antibody [M/K-2] (FITC)
See all VCAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [M/K-2] to VCAM1 (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for VCAM1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24853 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab18404 - Rat monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionImportant in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with the beta-1 integrin VLA4 on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/VLA4 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
Tissue specificityExpressed on inflammed vascular endothelium, as well as on macrophage-like and dendritic cell types in both normal and inflammed tissue.
Sequence similaritiesContains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
DomainEither the first or the fourth Ig-like C2-type domain is required for VLA4-dependent cell adhesion.
- Information by UniProt
- CD106 antibody
- CD106 Antigen antibody
- INCAM 100 antibody
ab24853 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang ZH et al. Protective effects of BMSCs in combination with erythropoietin in bronchopulmonary dysplasia-induced lung injury. Mol Med Rep 14:1302-8 (2016). PubMed: 27279073
- Zeng SL et al. Mesenchymal stem cells abrogate experimental asthma by altering dendritic cell function. Mol Med Rep 12:2511-20 (2015). PubMed: 25936350
- Acton SE et al. Dendritic cells control fibroblastic reticular network tension and lymph node expansion. Nature 514:498-502 (2014). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 25341788
- Ma M et al. Major histocompatibility complex-I expression on embryonic stem cell-derived vascular progenitor cells is critical for syngeneic transplant survival. Stem Cells 28:1465-75 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 20629173