Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VE Cadherin (phospho Y685)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VE Cadherin (phospho Y685) antibody
See all VE Cadherin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VE Cadherin (phospho Y685)
Specificityab119785 detects a 140 kDa band corresponding to VE cadherin in western blots of Human endothelial cells treated with pervanadate, and this band is not detected in untreated cells or after alkaline phosphatase treatment.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phospho-peptide (Y685), conjugated to carrier protein, corresponding to amino acids surrounding tyrosine 685 in Human VE Cadherin.
- Human umbilical vein endothelial cells stimulated with pervanadate.
General notesDo not aliquot.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab119785 was cross-adsorbed to an unrelated phospho-tyrosine peptide and unphosphorylated VE Cadherin (Y685) peptide before affinity purification using phospho-VE Cadherin (Y685) peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119785 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa).|
FunctionCadherins are calcium dependent cell adhesion proteins. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells; cadherins may thus contribute to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types. This cadherin may play a important role in endothelial cell biology through control of the cohesion and organization of the intercellular junctions. It associates with alpha-catenin forming a link to the cytoskeleton.
Tissue specificityEndothelial tissues and brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 cadherin domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues by KDR/VEGFR-2. Dephosphorylated by PTPRB.
Cellular localizationCell junction. Cell membrane. Found at cell-cell boundaries and probably at cell-matrix boundaries.
- Information by UniProt
- 7B 4 antibody
- 7B4 antibody
- 7B4 antigen antibody
All lanes : Anti-VE Cadherin (phospho Y685) antibody (ab119785) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human umbilical vein endothelial
cells stimulated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 min.
Lane 2 : Human umbilical vein endothelial
cells stimulated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 min then treated with
Predicted band size: 88 kDa
Observed band size: 140 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab119785 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Wu JH et al. Inhibition of Sema4D/PlexinB1 signaling alleviates vascular dysfunction in diabetic retinopathy. EMBO Mol Med 12:e10154 (2020). PubMed: 31943789
- Juettner VV et al. VE-PTP stabilizes VE-cadherin junctions and the endothelial barrier via a phosphatase-independent mechanism. J Cell Biol 218:1725-1742 (2019). PubMed: 30948425
- Tsai SH et al. Roles of the hypoximir microRNA-424/322 in acute hypoxia and hypoxia-induced pulmonary vascular leakage. FASEB J 33:12565-12575 (2019). PubMed: 31461385
- Lenin R et al. GRP78 translocation to the cell surface and O-GlcNAcylation of VE-Cadherin contribute to ER stress-mediated endothelial permeability. Sci Rep 9:10783 (2019). PubMed: 31346222
- Schröder-Heurich B et al. Vitamin D improves endothelial barrier integrity and counteracts inflammatory effects on endothelial progenitor cells. FASEB J 33:9142-9153 (2019). PubMed: 31084577