Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody
See all VEGF Receptor 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total VEGF Receptor 2 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
The antiserum was produced against synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human VEGF Receptor 2 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 951.
- WB: SK-OV3 cell lysate. IHC-P: Human brain tissue and stomach cancer tissue; Rat spinal cord tissue. ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39638 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 151 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionReceptor for VEGF or VEGFC. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. The VEGF-kinase ligand/receptor signaling system plays a key role in vascular development and regulation of vascular permeability. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KDR are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRB. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-951, Tyr-996, Tyr-1054, Tyr-1059, Tyr-1175 and Tyr-1214.
- Information by UniProt
- CD309 antibody
- CD309 antigen antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of human brain tissue stained with ab39638. The image on the right is blocked with the synthesized peptide.
Immunohistochemical analysis of human stomach cancer tissue stained with ab39638 at 1/200 dilution at 4oC overnight. The negative control was secondary antibody only.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat spinal cord tissue stained with ab39638 at 1/200 dilution at 4oC overnight. The negative control was secondary antibody only.
ICC/IF image of ab39638 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab39638, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody (ab39638) (Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody) + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 151 kDa
ab39638 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Sanada TJ et al. Characterization of pulmonary intimal sarcoma cells isolated from a surgical specimen: In vitro and in vivo study. PLoS One 14:e0214654 (2019). PubMed: 30925179
- Morar II et al. Immunohistochemical study of psoriatic plaques and perilesional skin in psoriasis vulgaris patients: A pilot study. Exp Ther Med 18:888-894 (2019). PubMed: 31384319
- Bai Y et al. VEGFR endocytosis regulates the angiogenesis in a mouse model of hindlimb ischemia. J Thorac Dis 11:1849-1859 (2019). PubMed: 31285877
- Stassi AF et al. Contribution of the VEGF system to the follicular persistence associated with bovine cystic ovaries. Theriogenology 138:52-65 (2019). PubMed: 31301448
- Hueso L et al. Dynamics and implications of circulating anti-angiogenic VEGF-A165b isoform in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Sci Rep 7:9962 (2017). PubMed: 28855597
- Krcek R et al. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, Irradiation, and Axitinib Have Diverse Effects on Motility and Proliferation of Glioblastoma Multiforme Cells. Front Oncol 7:182 (2017). PubMed: 28879167
- Zhao ZM et al. Levistilide A inhibits angiogenesis in liver fibrosis via vascular endothelial growth factor signaling pathway. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 242:974-985 (2017). PubMed: 28440736
- Szendroi A et al. Opposite prognostic roles of HIF1a and HIF2a expressions in bone metastatic clear cell renal cell cancer. Oncotarget 7:42086-42098 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27244898
- Kubo S et al. Combinatorial anti-angiogenic gene therapy in a human malignant mesothelioma model. Oncol Rep 34:633-8 (2015). PubMed: 26082103
- Lv J et al. The chinese herbal decoction danggui buxue tang inhibits angiogenesis in a rat model of liver fibrosis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:284963 (2012). Rat . PubMed: 22927877