Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody
See all VEGF Receptor 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951)
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for VEGF Receptor 2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 951.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from Human VEGF Receptor 2 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 951.
- WB: SK-OV3 cell extract. IHC-P: Breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38473 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 190 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 151 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionReceptor for VEGF or VEGFC. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. The VEGF-kinase ligand/receptor signaling system plays a key role in vascular development and regulation of vascular permeability. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KDR are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRB. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-951, Tyr-996, Tyr-1054, Tyr-1059, Tyr-1175 and Tyr-1214.
- Information by UniProt
- CD309 antibody
- CD309 antigen antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
All lanes : Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody (ab38473)
Lane 1 : SK-OV-3 (Human ovarian cancer cell line) cell lysate. Treated with phosphopeptide
Lane 2 : SK-OV-3 (Human ovarian cancer cell line) cell lysate
Predicted band size: 151 kDa
Observed band size: 230 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
VEGFR2 is translated into a 150 kDa protein. Glycosylation of the extracellular domain results in the mature form at the cell surface which migrates at 230 kDa via western blot.
ab38473 at a 1:50 dilution staining VEGF Receptor 2 in Human breast carcinoma tissue using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Left image : untreated.
Right image : treated with phosphopeptide.
ab38473 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li C et al. HIF-1a/VEGF signaling-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition and angiogenesis is critically involved in anti-metastasis effect of luteolin in melanoma cells. Phytother Res 33:798-807 (2019). PubMed: 30653763
- Huang M et al. Apatinib affect VEGF-mediated cell proliferation, migration, invasion via blocking VEGFR2/RAF/MEK/ERK and PI3K/AKT pathways in cholangiocarcinoma cell. BMC Gastroenterol 18:169 (2018). PubMed: 30400838
- Zhao G et al. The Soluble VEGF Receptor sFlt-1 Contributes to Impaired Neovascularization in Aged Mice. Aging Dis 8:287-300 (2017). PubMed: 28580185
- Kapur S et al. Engineered ligand-based VEGFR antagonists with increased receptor binding affinity more effectively inhibit angiogenesis. Bioeng Transl Med 2:81-91 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28516164
- Zhang W et al. Combined aspirin and apatinib treatment suppresses gastric cancer cell proliferation. Oncol Lett 14:5409-5417 (2017). PubMed: 29142602
- Koyama Y et al. Endothelin-1 increases the expression of VEGF-R1/Flt-1 receptors in rat cultured astrocytes through ETB receptors. J Neurochem 130:759-69 (2014). PubMed: 24862165
- Sangaletti S et al. Macrophage-derived SPARC bridges tumor cell-extracellular matrix interactions toward metastasis. Cancer Res 68:9050-9 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 18974151