Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VEGF Receptor 3 antibody
See all VEGF Receptor 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human VEGF Receptor 3 aa 1250-1350. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P35916
- IHC-P: Human placenta tissue. ICC/IF: HeLa cells. WB: Hey cell lysate.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27278 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 146 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionReceptor for VEGFC. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
Tissue specificityPlacenta, lung, heart, and kidney, does not seem to be expressed in pancreas and brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FLT4 are the cause of lymphedema hereditary type 1A (LMPH1A) [MIM:153100]; also known as Nonne-Milroy lymphedema or Milroy disease. Hereditary lymphedema is a chronic disabling condition which results in swelling of the extremities due to altered lymphatic flow. Patients with lymphedema suffer from recurrent local infections and physical impairment.
Note=Defects in FLT4 are found in juvenile hemangioma. Juvenile hemangiomas are the most common tumors of infancy, occurring as many as 10% of all births. These benign vascular lesions enlarge rapidly during the first year of life by hyperplasia of endothelial cells and attendant pericytes, and then spontaneously involute over a period of years, leaving loose fibrofatty tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- flt 4 antibody
- FLT-4 antibody
Ab27278 at a dilution of 1/100, staining formalin fixed paraffin embedded Flt4 in human placenta by Immunohistochemistry.
ICC/IF image of ab27278 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab27278, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-VEGF Receptor 3 antibody (ab27278) at 1/50 dilution
Predicted band size: 146 kDa
Observed band size: 170,200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Hey cell lysate (50µg/lane) was used. The antibody was diluted at 1:50 for 2 hours at room tepterature Hey cell lysate (50µg/lane) was used. The antibody was diluted at 1:50 for 2 hours at room temperature. The protein is heavily glycosylated and this might explain the increase in MW above the predcted MW as well as the multiple bands.
ab27278 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Faruk EM et al. Possible healing effects of Salvadora persica extract (MISWAK) and laser therapy in a rabbit model of a caustic-induced tongue ulcers: histological, immunohistochemical and biochemical study. J Mol Histol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32472334
- Han T et al. HIF-1a contributes to tube malformation of human lymphatic endothelial cells by upregulating VEGFR-3. Int J Oncol 54:139-151 (2019). PubMed: 30431105
- Geng K et al. Electrical stimulation facilitates the angiogenesis of human umbilical vein endothelial cells through MAPK/ERK signaling pathway by stimulating FGF2 secretion. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30995109
- Wang M et al. Rapamycin suppresses angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in melanoma by downregulating VEGF-A/VEGFR-2 and VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 expression. Onco Targets Ther 12:4643-4654 (2019). PubMed: 31354297
- Milasan A et al. Early rescue of lymphatic function limits atherosclerosis progression in Ldlr-/- mice. Atherosclerosis 283:106-119 (2019). PubMed: 30851674