Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VEGFA
- Suitable for: IHC-FrFl, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VEGFA antibody
See all VEGFA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VEGFA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FrFl, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human VEGFA aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P15692
- Tumor cells in hemangiosarcomas IF/ICC: HepG2 cell line
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39250 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FrFl||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
- Folliculostellate cell-derived growth factor antibody
- Glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen antibody
- MGC70609 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab39250 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab39250, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) of human angiosarcoma stained with ab39250 at 1/100.
ab39250 staining VEGF in mouse brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Free floating sections). A heat mediated antigen retrieval step (100°C for 20 minutes) was performed using 10mM sodium citrate buffer, 0.05% Tween 20 pH 6.0. Samples were then incubated with the primary antibody at a 1/100 dilution for 72 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/500 dilution.
ab39250 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Hu YS et al. Self-assembling vascular endothelial growth factor nanoparticles improve function in spinocerebellar ataxia type 1. Brain 142:312-321 (2019). PubMed: 30649233
- Takeuchi R et al. Exosomes from conditioned media of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote bone regeneration by enhancing angiogenesis. PLoS One 14:e0225472 (2019). PubMed: 31751396
- Yuan K et al. The Effect of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor on Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell Engraftment in Rat Fibrotic Liver upon Transplantation. Stem Cells Int 2019:5310202 (2019). PubMed: 31885614
- Ogata K et al. Cytokine Mixtures Mimicking Secretomes From Mesenchymal Stem Cells Improve Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw in a Rat Model. JBMR Plus 2:69-80 (2018). PubMed: 30283893
- Katagiri W et al. A defined mix of cytokines mimics conditioned medium from cultures of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells and elicits bone regeneration. Cell Prolif 50:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28133828