Product nameAnti-VEGFA antibody [SP28], prediluted
See all VEGFA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP28] to VEGFA, prediluted
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human VEGFA aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P15692
- Tumor cells in hemangiosarcomas
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, Tris buffered saline, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Boil tissue section in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 min.
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
- Folliculostellate cell-derived growth factor antibody
- Glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen antibody
- MGC70609 antibody
ab27620 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Mahamed RR et al. Metformin improves ovarian follicle dynamics by reducing theca cell proliferation and CYP-17 expression in an androgenized rat model. J Ovarian Res 11:18 (2018). PubMed: 29490689
- Almendros I et al. Intermittent Hypoxia Is Associated With High Hypoxia Inducible Factor-1a but Not High Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Cell Expression in Tumors of Cutaneous Melanoma Patients. Front Neurol 9:272 (2018). PubMed: 29755400
- Foxler DE et al. A HIF-LIMD1 negative feedback mechanism mitigates the pro-tumorigenic effects of hypoxia. EMBO Mol Med 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29930174
- Schaefer IM et al. Pyloric gland adenoma of the cystic duct with malignant transformation: report of a case with a review of the literature. BMC Cancer 12:570 (2012). Human . PubMed: 23206236
- Biswas S et al. Effects of HIF-1alpha and HIF2alpha on Growth and Metabolism of Clear-Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma 786-0 Xenografts. J Oncol 2010:757908 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20652061
- Duncan TJ et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor expression in ovarian cancer: a model for targeted use of novel therapies? Clin Cancer Res 14:3030-5 (2008). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 18483368
- Lee CH et al. Constitutive mTOR activation in TSC mutants sensitizes cells to energy starvation and genomic damage via p53. EMBO J 26:4812-23 (2007). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 17962806