Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Versican
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Versican antibody
See all Versican primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Versican
SpecificityThis antibody can be used to detect versican V1 (ADAMTS-1/4 site). This product is against the neoepitope of versican generated by cleavage of the versican core protein by ATAMTS 1/4.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Rat
- WB: Human aorta lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19345 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 28955046|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa.Can be blocked with Human Versican peptide (ab39784).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18641286|
FunctionMay play a role in intercellular signaling and in connecting cells with the extracellular matrix. May take part in the regulation of cell motility, growth and differentiation. Binds hyaluronic acid.
Tissue specificityCerebral white matter and plasma. Isoform V0 and isoform V1 are expressed in normal brain, gliomas, medulloblastomas, schwannomas, neurofibromas, and meningiomas. Isoform V2 is restricted to normal brain and gliomas. Isoform V3 is found in all these tissues except medulloblastomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VCAN are the cause of Wagner syndrome type 1 (WGN1) [MIM:143200]. WGN is a dominantly inherited vitreoretinopathy characterized by an optically empty vitreous cavity with fibrillary condensations and a preretinal avascular membrane. Other optical features include progressive chorioretinal atrophy, perivascular sheating, subcapsular cataract and myopia. Systemic manifestations are absent in WGN.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aggrecan/versican proteoglycan family.
Contains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 2 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 2 Link domains.
Contains 1 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domain.
Developmental stageDisappears after the cartilage development.
modificationsPhosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 2 antibody
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan core protein 2 antibody
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan core protein, cartilage antibody
ab19345 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Li S et al. Exosomes from hyperglycemia-stimulated vascular endothelial cells contain versican that regulate calcification/senescence in vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Biosci 9:1 (2019). PubMed: 30622695
- Pires KSN et al. Versican silencing in BeWo cells and its implication in gestational trophoblastic diseases. Histochem Cell Biol 151:305-313 (2019). PubMed: 30298299
- Yin ??? X et al. Glycoproteomic Analysis of the Aortic Extracellular Matrix in Marfan Patients. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1859-1873 (2019). PubMed: 31315432
- Mittal N et al. Versican is crucial for the initiation of cardiovascular lumen development in medaka (Oryzias latipes). Sci Rep 9:9475 (2019). PubMed: 31263118
- Sanei MH et al. 5-Year Survival in Gastric Adenocarcinoma with Epithelial and Stromal Versican Expression. Iran J Pathol 14:26-32 (2019). PubMed: 31531098