Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VGF
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VGF antibody
See all VGF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VGF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from a internal sequence of human VGF.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74140 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionMay be involved in the regulation of cell-cell interactions or in synatogenesis during the maturation of the nervous system.
NERP peptides are involved in the control of body fluid homeostasis by regulating vasopressin release.
Tissue specificityCentral and peripheral nervous systems, synthesized exclusively in neuronal and neuroendocrine cells.
modificationsMultiple peptides are derived from VGF, with activities in synaptic plasticity, antidepression, penile erection, autonomic activation, and increases in energy expenditure.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle. Stored in secretory vesicles and then secreted, NERP peptides colocalize with vasopressin in the storage granules of hypothalamus.
- Information by UniProt
- NERP-1 antibody
- NERP-2 antibody
- Nerve growth factor inducible antibody
All lanes : Anti-VGF antibody (ab74140) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from RAW264.7 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from RAW264.7 cells with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
Observed band size: 67 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of VGF in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue using ab74140, at a 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab74140 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab74140, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h.Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab74140 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Asrari N et al. Antidepressant effects of aqueous extract of saffron and its effects on CREB, P-CREB, BDNF, and VGF proteins in rat cerebellum. J Pharmacopuncture 21:35-40 (2018). PubMed: 30151303
- Maejima S et al. VGF in the Medial Preoptic Nucleus Increases Sexual Activity Following Sexual Arousal Induction in Male Rats. Endocrinology 159:3993-4005 (2018). PubMed: 30371765
- Razavi BM et al. Study of the Role of CREB, BDNF, and VGF Neuropeptide in Long Term Antidepressant Activity of Crocin in the Rat Cerebellum. Iran J Pharm Res 16:1452-1462 (2017). PubMed: 29552054
- Vahdati Hassani F et al. Antidepressant effects of crocin and its effects on transcript and protein levels of CREB, BDNF, and VGF in rat hippocampus. Daru 22:16 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24401376