Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3490] to Villin
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Villin antibody [EPR3490]
See all Villin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3490] to Villin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Villin aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human small intestine, HT-29 and Caco-2 cell lysates; HT-29 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCa(2+)-regulated actin-binding protein.
Tissue specificityMajor component of microvilli of intestinal epithelial cells and kidney proximal tubule cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the villin/gelsolin family.
Contains 6 gelsolin-like repeats.
Contains 1 HP (headpiece) domain.
DomainConsists of a large core fragment, the N-terminal portion, and a small headpiece, the C-terminal portion. The headpiece binds F-actin strongly in both the presence and absence of calcium.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- D2S1471 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000164145 antibody
- VIL antibody
All lanes : Anti-Villin antibody [EPR3490] (ab109516) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human small intestine lysate
Lane 2 : HT-29 lysate
Lane 3 : Caco-2 lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 93 kDa
Observed band size: 95 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of Villin in permeabilized HT-29 cells, using ab109515 at a dilution of 1/10 (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab109516 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kawai K et al. Establishment of SLC15A1/PEPT1-Knockout Human-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Line for Intestinal Drug Absorption Studies. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 17:49-57 (2020). PubMed: 31890740
- Benkler C et al. Aggregated SOD1 causes selective death of cultured human motor neurons. Sci Rep 8:16393 (2018). PubMed: 30401824
- Negoro R et al. Modeling of drug-mediated CYP3A4 induction by using human iPS cell-derived enterocyte-like cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 472:631-6 (2016). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 26966071
- Ozawa T et al. Generation of enterocyte-like cells from human induced pluripotent stem cells for drug absorption and metabolism studies in human small intestine. Sci Rep 5:16479 (2015). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 26559489