Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Vimentin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Vimentin antibody
See all Vimentin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Vimentin
SpecificityNo reactivity was observed with the other families of intermediate filaments, including, desmin, keratin, neurofilaments and glial filaments.The antibody localizes vimentin in normal and pathological tissue of mesenchymal derivation. The antibody shows wide cross-reactivity among mammalian species.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human Vimentin. Vimentin from cultured human foreskin fibroblasts.
General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify by centrifugation before use. This goat antiserum was maintained at pH 5.0 for 40 minutes to meet U.S.D.A. requirements.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe antiserum has been treated to remove lipoproteins.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11256 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionVimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
Involvement in diseaseCataract 30
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
DomainThe central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
The [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
modificationsFilament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
O-glycosylated during cytokinesis at sites identical or close to phosphorylation sites, this interferes with the phosphorylation status.
S-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
FormVimentin is found in connective tissue and in the cytoskeleton.
- CTRCT30 antibody
- Epididymis luminal protein 113 antibody
- FLJ36605 antibody
ab11256 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Ding L et al. Interleukin-1ß Suppresses Gastrin via Primary Cilia and Induces Antral Hyperplasia. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1251-1266 (2021). PubMed: 33347972
- Ren P et al. Nrf2 Ablation Promotes Alzheimer's Disease-Like Pathology in APP/PS1 Transgenic Mice: The Role of Neuroinflammation and Oxidative Stress. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:3050971 (2020). PubMed: 32454936
- Luo M et al. Long non-coding RNA NEAT1 promotes ovarian cancer cell invasion and migration by interacting with miR-1321 and regulating tight junction protein 3 expression. Mol Med Rep 22:3429-3439 (2020). PubMed: 32945443
- Foster DS et al. Elucidating the fundamental fibrotic processes driving abdominal adhesion formation. Nat Commun 11:4061 (2020). PubMed: 32792541
- Lee J et al. Development of a patient-derived xenograft model of glioblastoma via intravitreal injection in mice. Exp Mol Med 51:43 (2019). PubMed: 30992429