Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [SP20] to Vimentin, prediluted
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Vimentin antibody [SP20], prediluted
See all Vimentin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP20] to Vimentin, prediluted
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Vimentin.
- WB: HeLa, U20S and human tonsil cell lysates. IHC-P: Human melanoma. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, Tris buffered saline, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
KO cell lines
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Do not perform antigen retrieval.|
FunctionVimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
Involvement in diseaseCataract 30
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
DomainThe central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
The [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
modificationsFilament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
O-glycosylated during cytokinesis at sites identical or close to phosphorylation sites, this interferes with the phosphorylation status.
S-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
FormVimentin is found in connective tissue and in the cytoskeleton.
- CTRCT30 antibody
- Epididymis luminal protein 113 antibody
- FLJ36605 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Vimentin antibody [SP20] (ab16700) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : U20S cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human tonsil cell lysate
Lane 3 : Wild-type HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : VIM knockout HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation (ab16700).
ab16700 was shown to react with Vimentin in wild-type HeLa cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab255446 (knockout cell lysate ab263775) was used. Wild-type and Vimentin knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab16700 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 100 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Human melanoma stained with prediluted ab27608.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab27608 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab27608, neat) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab27608 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Nizyaeva NV et al. Ultrastructural and Immunohistochemical Features of Telocytes in Placental Villi in Preeclampsia. Sci Rep 8:3453 (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29472628
- Ye D et al. WTX inhibits gastric cancer migration through the reversal of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncol Lett 16:4970-4976 (2018). PubMed: 30250562
- Zangari J et al. Rapid decay of engulfed extracellular miRNA by XRN1 exonuclease promotes transient epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Nucleic Acids Res 45:4131-4141 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27994032
- Jennings AR & Carroll WM Oligodendrocyte Lineage Cells in Chronic Demyelination of Multiple Sclerosis Optic Nerve. Brain Pathol 25:517-30 (2015). PubMed: 25175564
- Walker E et al. Microscopic detection of quenched activity-based optical imaging probes using an antibody detection system: localizing protease activity. Mol Imaging Biol 16:608-18 (2014). PubMed: 24705781
- Yang C et al. FOXM1 promotes the epithelial to mesenchymal transition by stimulating the transcription of Slug in human breast cancer. Cancer Lett 340:104-12 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23856032
- Ahmad A et al. Phosphoglucose isomerase/autocrine motility factor mediates epithelial-mesenchymal transition regulated by miR-200 in breast cancer cells. Cancer Res 71:3400-9 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21389093
- Mirabet V et al. Long-term storage in liquid nitrogen does not affect cell viability in cardiac valve allografts. Cryobiology 57:113-21 (2008). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 18703039