Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VIP
- Reacts with: Rat, Sheep, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-VIP antibody
See all VIP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VIP
Specificityab22736 reacts with Vasoactive Intestinal (poly)Peptide (VIP).
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Sheep, Dog, Human, Pig
Full length native protein (purified) (Pig) conjugated to KLH by a Glutaraldehyde linker.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
IHC-P: 1/400 - 1/1600.
Notes: Dilute to working strength with PBS containing 0.1% w/v sodium azide.
Store diluted antibodies at 2-4°C(do not freeze) and use within 1 month.
using overnight incubation and indirect immunofluorescence procedure.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionVIP causes vasodilation, lowers arterial blood pressure, stimulates myocardial contractility, increases glycogenolysis and relaxes the smooth muscle of trachea, stomach and gall bladder.
PHM and PHV also cause vasodilation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glucagon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Peptide histidine methioninamide 27 antibody
- Peptide histidine valine 42 antibody
- PHM27 antibody
ab22736 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Saveri P et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 2B: A New Phenotype Associated with a Novel RAB7A Mutation and Inhibited EGFR Degradation. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32326241
- Rzap D et al. Neurochemical Plasticity of nNOS-, VIP- and CART-Immunoreactive Neurons Following Prolonged Acetylsalicylic Acid Supplementation in the Porcine Jejunum. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32245119
- Czajkowska M & Calka J Neurochemistry of Enteric Neurons Following Prolonged Indomethacin Administration in the Porcine Duodenum. Front Pharmacol 11:564457 (2020). PubMed: 33013401
- Lucido CT et al. Innervation of cervical carcinoma is mediated by cancer-derived exosomes. Gynecol Oncol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31003747
- Xu X et al. Effect of Electroacupuncture on Hyperalgesia and Vasoactive Neurotransmitters in a Rat Model of Conscious Recurrent Migraine. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:9512875 (2019). PubMed: 31217804
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com