Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VIP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-VIP antibody
See all VIP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VIP
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with a 3 kD vasointestinal peptide (VIP) localized in nerve fibers in the central and peripheral nervous system. The VIP producing tumors are usually neuroblastomas of endocrine tumors in the pancreas.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human VIP.
This antibody detects ganglion cells in both the superficial and deep plexus of the wall of the small bowel in human.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesAfter solid-phase absorption this antibody is filtered through a 0.22 µm filter, vialed and lyophilized.
Primary antibody notesThis antibody detects ganglion cells in both the superficial and deep plexus of the wall of the small bowel in human.
Light chain typeunknown
FunctionVIP causes vasodilation, lowers arterial blood pressure, stimulates myocardial contractility, increases glycogenolysis and relaxes the smooth muscle of trachea, stomach and gall bladder.
PHM and PHV also cause vasodilation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glucagon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Peptide histidine methioninamide 27 antibody
- Peptide histidine valine 42 antibody
- PHM27 antibody
ab8556 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Cheng CY et al. Membrane metalloendopeptidase suppresses prostate carcinogenesis by attenuating effects of gastrin-releasing peptide on stem/progenitor cells. Oncogenesis 9:38 (2020). PubMed: 32205838
- Li S et al. VIP activates primordial follicles of rat through ERK-mTOR pathway during in tissue culture. Reproduction N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30817320
- Maiti AK et al. Colonic levels of vasoactive intestinal peptide decrease during infection and exogenous VIP protects epithelial mitochondria against the negative effects of IFN? and TNFa induced during Citrobacter rodentium infection. PLoS One 13:e0204567 (2018). PubMed: 30252907
- Valadas JS et al. ER Lipid Defects in Neuropeptidergic Neurons Impair Sleep Patterns in Parkinson's Disease. Neuron 98:1155-1169.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29887339
- De Pablo-Fernández E et al. A Histologic Study of the Circadian System in Parkinson Disease, Multiple System Atrophy, and Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. JAMA Neurol 75:1008-1012 (2018). PubMed: 29710120
- Uemura N et al. Inoculation of a-synuclein preformed fibrils into the mouse gastrointestinal tract induces Lewy body-like aggregates in the brainstem via the vagus nerve. Mol Neurodegener 13:21 (2018). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 29751824
- Puzan M et al. Enteric Nervous System Regulation of Intestinal Stem Cell Differentiation and Epithelial Monolayer Function. Sci Rep 8:6313 (2018). PubMed: 29679034
- El-Shazly AE et al. Novel association between vasoactive intestinal peptide and CRTH2 receptor in recruiting eosinophils: a possible biochemical mechanism for allergic eosinophilic inflammation of the airways. J Biol Chem 288:1374-84 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23168411
- Samarasinghe AE et al. Spatio-temporal localization of vasoactive intestinal peptide and neutral endopeptidase in allergic murine lungs. Regul Pept 164:151-7 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 20566347
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org