Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VIP
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VIP antibody
See all VIP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VIP
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with a 3 kD vasointestinal peptide (VIP) localized in nerve fibers in the central and peripheral nervous system. The VIP producing tumors are usually neuroblastomas of endocrine tumors in the pancreas.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human VIP.
- IHC-P: Human nasal tissue.
This antibody detects ganglion cells in both the superficial and deep plexus of the wall of the small bowel in human.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesAfter solid-phase absorption this antibody is filtered through a 0.22 µm filter, vialed and lyophilized.
Primary antibody notesThis antibody detects ganglion cells in both the superficial and deep plexus of the wall of the small bowel in human.
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8556 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionVIP causes vasodilation, lowers arterial blood pressure, stimulates myocardial contractility, increases glycogenolysis and relaxes the smooth muscle of trachea, stomach and gall bladder.
PHM and PHV also cause vasodilation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glucagon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Peptide histidine methioninamide 27 antibody
- Peptide histidine valine 42 antibody
- PHM27 antibody
ab8556 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li S et al. VIP activates primordial follicles of rat through ERK-mTOR pathway during in tissue culture. Reproduction N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30817320
- Maiti AK et al. Colonic levels of vasoactive intestinal peptide decrease during infection and exogenous VIP protects epithelial mitochondria against the negative effects of IFN? and TNFa induced during Citrobacter rodentium infection. PLoS One 13:e0204567 (2018). PubMed: 30252907
- Valadas JS et al. ER Lipid Defects in Neuropeptidergic Neurons Impair Sleep Patterns in Parkinson's Disease. Neuron 98:1155-1169.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29887339
- Uemura N et al. Inoculation of a-synuclein preformed fibrils into the mouse gastrointestinal tract induces Lewy body-like aggregates in the brainstem via the vagus nerve. Mol Neurodegener 13:21 (2018). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 29751824
- Puzan M et al. Enteric Nervous System Regulation of Intestinal Stem Cell Differentiation and Epithelial Monolayer Function. Sci Rep 8:6313 (2018). PubMed: 29679034
- El-Shazly AE et al. Novel association between vasoactive intestinal peptide and CRTH2 receptor in recruiting eosinophils: a possible biochemical mechanism for allergic eosinophilic inflammation of the airways. J Biol Chem 288:1374-84 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23168411
- Samarasinghe AE et al. Spatio-temporal localization of vasoactive intestinal peptide and neutral endopeptidase in allergic murine lungs. Regul Pept 164:151-7 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 20566347